ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from rancido

But surely that would be up to Braintree to implement any action on the offenders. GTFC can only apply this FA law at BP.

It's in criminal law, so one has to ask why some clubs fans get bans and some don't. Is a GTFC fan running on the pitch more of an offence than a Harrogate Town fan running on the pitch? I suspect there are more banning orders at some clubs than others because some clubs pursue it more vigourously, GTFC seemingly being one of those clubs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 11:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Bigdog

Answer me this then.

It's against the rules to go on after the game too. Ban everyone who went on after the game at Braintree? Yes or no?

Yes, it is against the rules, and just like virtually every last home game of the season when there's an invasion it is against the rules. Should they be banned? Not for me to decide, but the club seems to think not.  

Going on the pitch after a goal is not acceptable, and a deterrent was needed, but a lifetime ban is not appropriate.

Private Message
Reply: 41 - 105
grimsby pete
April 14, 2018, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
A certain non chairman has been on the pitch many times including Wembley,

He also broke a young fans flag he should be banned,

Come to think of it there is a few players that should be banned from entering the pitch in the future.

He just can not help himself can he?  even when he goes silent on us he comes out with this.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 105
barrattstandman
April 14, 2018, 11:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
Forget all the arguing about blame or whatever you are NOT allowed on the pitch . Every ground must have these notices in place . End of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from grimsby pete
A certain non chairman has been on the pitch many times including Wembley,

He also broke a young fans flag he should be banned,

Come to think of it there is a few players that should be banned from entering the pitch in the future.

He just can not help himself can he?  even when he goes silent on us he comes out with this.

Yes, but he is an upstanding citizen and pillar of the community- even wears a suit and tie to games, so the law doesn't apply to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 105
Bigdog
April 14, 2018, 11:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings

It's in criminal law, so one has to ask why some clubs fans get bans and some don't. Is a GTFC fan running on the pitch more of an offence than a Harrogate Town fan running on the pitch? I suspect there are more banning orders at some clubs than others because some clubs pursue it more vigourously, GTFC seemingly being one of those clubs?

Ginny, not one poster has condoned running on the pitch but instead have questioned the club's draconian actions. On top of that, there seems to be double standards when applying the rules. It's just part of the club's DNA to come down really hard on its own supporters for every little thing yet set lax standards for themselves. Bragate, vile, bullies, SLO tweeting the c word, Port Vale gate etc etc etc

I love my team in black and white stripes but starting to really hate my club, turning into quite the horrid unlovable set up..

We're developing into a naff parody of a football club that's becoming less and less appealing as the years go by..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 105
mariner91
April 14, 2018, 11:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Bigdog
So.. Braintree away two years ago. At least two thirds of our support on the pitch that day at various times including at the end of the game.. lifetime bans for every one of them too?

Get off your high horses and stop seeing everything as black and white. There are areas of grey when it comes to making a correct balanced decision. As Ginny says.. No condoning running on the pitch but surely extremely emotional mitigating circumstances should be taken into account. A warning would have sufficed.

A question for all those holier than thou rules are rules people, retrospective lifetime bans for everyone on the pitch at Braintree then? Or was that the right kind of pitch invasion (still against those rules) with the right profile of supporter involved?

It was nowhere near two thirds on the pitch at any point at Braintree.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 105
Cod Cheeks
April 14, 2018, 11:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Am I missing something here but surely the answer is Stay off the pitch and don't risk getting banned?
Simply stick to the terms of agreement  when buying a ticket.

Old fashioned I know  but there you go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Remember Karen Stevens? Racially abused players and got a 3 year ban only. Every single week i hear illegal racist chants and comments at games. Do they get a life time ban? Do they even get removed from the stands? Standing in seated areas is far more dangerous than running on the pitch, but is tolerated every week. Last week, when the penalty was awarded, loads of fans rushed to the front of the Upper, clearly standing in an area which is marked "no standing" as it is a clearway for fans. Are all those people to receive bans? Were you one of those people blocking my view? People are allowed to smoke in the ground at half time, despite a smoking ban in public places. Infringements and infractions occur every week at every game. Let's just cherry pick the ones that might get us a slapped wrist and a fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 105
TAGG
April 14, 2018, 12:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Massive overreaction.
First the bars now this.
Team Fenty must really hate the fans.
male masturbators

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Banning Orders Chesterfield Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.