This thread currently has 15,078 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
April 14, 2018, 9:01am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
I've seen a couple of the letters sent out from pictures posted on Facebook and it surprises me that there is no timescale to these bans. Are they lifetime bans? If so that's ridiculous.

As has been said, surely a ban until the end of the season and a warning as to future conduct would suffice.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 105
dapperz fun pub
April 14, 2018, 9:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Town fans can be clearly seen on the pitch prior to any trouble around the back. You can't claim a right to self-defence, when there is no imminent threat from a few of Port Van fans on the pitch, maybe you could justify it when they tried to get in the Lower Findus through the gate.  In my eyes, the fans who went on the pitch from the Findus, went for a scrap.

Fight starts at about 9:30

https://youtu.be/BMCsVdZaVI8?t=9m23s

Port vale came for a tear up plain and simple if you think any different you are in cuckoo land , all morning they had tried to kick off in meggies and the vid shows our lads playing up I agree but it doesn’t show vale trying to get round the back of the stand before this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 105
lukeo
April 14, 2018, 10:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Sorry if any of you reading this are now banned for entering the pitch but what is the point? You know the risk and rules so don't do it... I've been to many games at BP before I moved away, some goals (kalala v spurs) where goals I went crazy for and will never forget... I didn't need to enter the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 105
Garth
April 14, 2018, 10:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No. The point is shoplifters do get prosecuted. I can't remember the last time I heard of anyone getting prosecuted and fined for running on the pitch. If they're that concerned about a crime being committed they have video evidence to give the Old Bill.

Assuming that the rumour is true.....The club would have more credibility if it was seen to be more actively pursuing the real trouble makers from PV. It might not come under rule e20, but it's all part of keeping a consistent line on wrongdoing. What the club seems to be saying is, we don't give a excrement if you're at risk of being beaten in the ground, but we do if there's a risk of an FA penalty.

I am not condoning running on the pitch for one minute. Mind you it didn't stop John after the games at Bournemouth and Wembley did it.

What I'm saying is it's all part of the same picture which says the club doesn't give a stuff about its own fans. It did nothing over Bragate. It did nothing over OpenGategate apart from punish the innocent. It won't pay for policing inside the ground. It only steps in and acts when there's the risk of the club being penalised. Looked at in purely cold hard business terms, it sends the wrong message to customers. 'We won't look after you, we won't spend a penny on you*, but we will kick you out if it looks like you might cost us.'

* and neither can the ladies after yesterday's incident.

Stop whining you breaks the law you pays the price, just because other incidents have not seemed to be punished to the same degree matters not a jot, I and thousands of others stayed in the stands while the end result of these "look at me wanabees" could be loss of points and relegation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 10:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
I don't suppose a life long ban from watching their team was in the minds of most when the goal went in. It was just a release of pure emotion, you know, like humans tend to do. Fans are seen as customers in the modern game, expected to pay their money, sit down and shut up. Not condoning running on the pitch, but the circumstances of the invasion have to be taken into consideration, surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 11:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't suppose a life long ban from watching their team was in the minds of most when the goal went in. It was just a release of pure emotion, you know, like humans tend to do. Fans are seen as customers in the modern game, expected to pay their money, sit down and shut up. Not condoning running on the pitch, but the circumstances of the invasion have to be taken into consideration, surely?

They were singing "we're on the pitch when Grimsby score" only 5 minutes earlier.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 105
Bigdog
April 14, 2018, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
So.. Braintree away two years ago. At least two thirds of our support on the pitch that day at various times including at the end of the game.. lifetime bans for every one of them too?

Get off your high horses and stop seeing everything as black and white. There are areas of grey when it comes to making a correct balanced decision. As Ginny says.. No condoning running on the pitch but surely extremely emotional mitigating circumstances should be taken into account. A warning would have sufficed.

A question for all those holier than thou rules are rules people, retrospective lifetime bans for everyone on the pitch at Braintree then? Or was that the right kind of pitch invasion (still against those rules) with the right profile of supporter involved?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 11:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Bigdog
So.. Braintree away two years ago. At least two thirds of our support on the pitch that day at various times including at the end of the game.. lifetime bans for every one of them too?

Get off your high horses and stop seeing everything as black and white. There are areas of grey when it comes to making to the correct decision. As Ginny says.. No condoning running on the pitch but surely extremely emotional mitigating circumstances should be taken into account.

A question for all those holier than thou rules are rules people, retrospective lifetime bans for everyone on the pitch at Braintree then?

You seem to have missed the point I was trying to make.  I have agreed that lifetime bans are excessive, but there should be consequences for their actions. Running on the pitch is not acceptable. Which is why I suggested 2 match bans.

The previous examples I used, I clearly stated "Both goals against Braintree". Was it appropriate to run on the pitch after the goals? No.

Yes, you are condoning running on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 105
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
It's ridiculous. Another example of the vilification of football fans. After terrible crowd behaviour in Cardiff last year after a Wales egg chucking game, a senior police officer said it was time banning orders were introduced into rugby. You see, other sports don't get the same censure as football and the incident was quickly overlooked as "drunken exuberance". How can it be right that a law which was initially introduced during the miners strike, can be used to set such Draconian rules on football fans? Lifetime bans, not being allowed to travel anywhere with anyone on a match day, even if it is non football related. Confiscation of passports and other civil liberties abused, and people are saying it's "the law". Well as someone more famous than me said "the law is a behind".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 105
rancido
April 14, 2018, 11:17am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

Get off your high horses and stop seeing everything as black and white. There are areas of grey when it comes to making a correct balanced decision. As Ginny says.. No condoning running on the pitch but surely extremely emotional mitigating circumstances should be taken into account. A warning would have sufficed.

A question for all those holier than thou rules are rules people, retrospective lifetime bans for everyone on the pitch at Braintree then? Or was that the right kind of pitch invasion (still against those rules) with the right profile of supporter involved?

But surely that would be up to Braintree to implement any action on the offenders. GTFC can only apply this FA law at BP.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Banning Orders Chesterfield Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.