11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 8:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Something needed to be done to show a certain element of the Town fans that going on to the pitch is not acceptable. I've seen at a few away games over the past few years, fans going onto the pitch after we score. Both goals against Braintree in the playoffs, Notts County away, when Bogle scored, plus others, which I can't recall the exact matches.

If the club didn't act and send out a message then there would be the same pitch invasions if we take the lead today as it would be seen as acceptable.  That would be 3 home games in a row where Town fans have gone on to the pitch and the FA could deduct points. (Port Vale, Chesterfield, Barnet)

However, lifetime bans are completely OTT, unless they are found to be repeat offenders. Maybe ban them for the next 2 games and threaten we longer bans if this happens again.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 8:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from OneLove
From good source Nick Dales blaming Grimsby for the Vale incident, one guy got picked out and taken out the ground last saturday, unreal the guys been a town fan all his life. And if this is true about fans being banned for invading the pitch then we need to stand together and sort out this little hitter's problems. He's rejected me before from going in the main stand because its a family stand but yet wouldn't come face to face for a meet. Love a one on one with the sharp object

Can you see why he wouldn't meet you? One sentence you want an explanation, the next you offer him out.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 105
Cloudy
April 14, 2018, 8:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I understand there will be a fair number of Port Vale & Town fans who will have to go to court and get a banning order.

The people who went on the pitch folllowing last weeks winner appear to have been banned by the club rather than through a legal process. There was one guy, and only one, who started to gesture to Chesterfield players and at one stage looked very threatening towards them. The others were caught up in the emotion and were not a threat to anyone.

I am all for banning orders against those fighting v Port Vale and I know rules are rules but surely a more sensible approach could be made against those who showed an outpouring of delight and relief.

It is important that thugs are treated differently from excited fans and to those saying they shouldn't go on the pitch, I agree but then again I bet all have driven over 70mph on a motorway!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 105
dapperz fun pub
April 14, 2018, 8:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Port vale attacked the findus stand which is a home stand and some town fought back , from what I’ve been told it was hardly towns main risk it was just lads defending their home stand. If someone comes into your home uninvited in my eyes you have the right to fight back to remove them don’t you? Regarding the chesterfield goal celebration I’ve seen letters on fb banning people from the club like I’ve said before ,the club from fenty downwards all need removing before we can truly move forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 105
OneLove
April 14, 2018, 8:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Can you see why he wouldn't meet you? One sentence you want an explanation, the next you offer him out.

Hahaha just realised, the bloke angers me tho sits in that box dishing out bans to anyone for anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 105
TheRealJohnLewis
April 14, 2018, 8:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Port vale attacked the findus stand which is a home stand and some town fought back , from what I’ve been told it was hardly towns main risk it was just lads defending their home stand. If someone comes into your home uninvited in my eyes you have the right to fight back to remove them don’t you? Regarding the chesterfield goal celebration I’ve seen letters on fb banning people from the club like I’ve said before ,the club from fenty downwards all need removing before we can truly move forward.

Town fans can be clearly seen on the pitch prior to any trouble around the back. You can't claim a right to self-defence, when there is no imminent threat from a few of Port Van fans on the pitch, maybe you could justify it when they tried to get in the Lower Findus through the gate.  In my eyes, the fans who went on the pitch from the Findus, went for a scrap.

Fight starts at about 9:30

https://youtu.be/BMCsVdZaVI8?t=9m23s

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 105
OneLove
April 14, 2018, 8:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

agree dapperz, if some ones being an actual div at a game and deserves a ban then yeh but if a load of young kids celebrate with there players on the pitch in joy no malice then let it be. Its the youth who we need to keep watching town as they are the future, start issuing club bans and thats it they'll venture elsewhere. Long gone are the days when the ponny gates would burst open and floods of fans would stream on, no enjoyment anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 105
OneLove
April 14, 2018, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Town fans can be clearly seen on the pitch prior to any trouble around the back. You can't claim a right to self-defence, when there is no imminent threat from a few of Port Van fans on the pitch, maybe you could justify it when they tried to get in the Lower Findus through the gate.  In my eyes, the fans who went on the pitch from the Findus, went for a scrap.

Fight starts at about 9:30

https://youtu.be/BMCsVdZaVI8?t=9m23s

Now then nick dale

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 105
mariner91
April 14, 2018, 8:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
What’s so enjoyable about going on the pitch anyway? It’s just a bit of grass ultimately.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 105
darren9
April 14, 2018, 8:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +590
While it’s right that offenders should be dealt with.

It’s rather hypocritical that the official SLO account tweeted a picture of the fans on the pitch with words to the effect of “you can see what it means to everyone in this picture” and there’s some suggestion that the SLO went on the pitch himself.

So on the one hand you have a representative of the club seemingly supporting this behaviour and on the other a different club official condoning it.

It’s this for me which is the main issue. There should be consistency of message. Either those on the pitch were merely overcome with excitement and emotion and wasn’t a problem or they’re trouble makers who must be banned. You can’t have them both ways.

For me, they’re somewhere in the middle. Yes, it was very exciting but they should have and could have celebrated in the stands. A short ban or a warning would have sufficed (in my opinion).

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Banning Orders Chesterfield Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.