KingstonMariner
April 13, 2018, 11:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Pouton4ever
It's rule e20 (b) and the if the fa ask the club has to show it has done everything in its power to prevent encroachment on the pitch. Banning orders are the usual way to deal with this.

I get the point about the risk of FA penalties. Those signs threatening fines of up to £1000 are pretty useless with no rozzers in the ground to arrest and charge anyone.

And what action has GTFC taken with respect to those Port Vale fans who caused trouble the other week? What has it done to protect the safety of its own regular paying customers? Apart from closing the bar after half time that is.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 105
Pouton4ever
April 14, 2018, 12:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I get the point about the risk of FA penalties. Those signs threatening fines of up to £1000 are pretty useless with no rozzers in the ground to arrest and charge anyone.

And what action has GTFC taken with respect to those Port Vale fans who caused trouble the other week? What has it done to protect the safety of its own regular paying customers? Apart from closing the bar after half time that is.

Isnt that like saying because theres no police in shops, but notices that shoplifters will be prosecuted, then its ok to nick a few bottles of wine? Blundell Park is private property.

I dont know what the club are doing about the trouble with PV - I m not sure it spilled onto the pitch and therefore doesnt come under the same rule e20 so there may be a different way of dealing with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 105
mimma
April 14, 2018, 1:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
It did spill on to the pitch, in the corner. The ref had to delay the kick off while our stewards cleared them off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 105
KingstonMariner
April 14, 2018, 1:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Pouton4ever

Isnt that like saying because theres no police in shops, but notices that shoplifters will be prosecuted, then its ok to nick a few bottles of wine? Blundell Park is private property.

I dont know what the club are doing about the trouble with PV - I m not sure it spilled onto the pitch and therefore doesnt come under the same rule e20 so there may be a different way of dealing with that.

No. The point is shoplifters do get prosecuted. I can't remember the last time I heard of anyone getting prosecuted and fined for running on the pitch. If they're that concerned about a crime being committed they have video evidence to give the Old Bill.

Assuming that the rumour is true.....The club would have more credibility if it was seen to be more actively pursuing the real trouble makers from PV. It might not come under rule e20, but it's all part of keeping a consistent line on wrongdoing. What the club seems to be saying is, we don't give a excrement if you're at risk of being beaten in the ground, but we do if there's a risk of an FA penalty.

I am not condoning running on the pitch for one minute. Mind you it didn't stop John after the games at Bournemouth and Wembley did it.

What I'm saying is it's all part of the same picture which says the club doesn't give a stuff about its own fans. It did nothing over Bragate. It did nothing over OpenGategate apart from punish the innocent. It won't pay for policing inside the ground. It only steps in and acts when there's the risk of the club being penalised. Looked at in purely cold hard business terms, it sends the wrong message to customers. 'We won't look after you, we won't spend a penny on you*, but we will kick you out if it looks like you might cost us.'

* and neither can the ladies after yesterday's incident.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 105
Theimperialcoroner
April 14, 2018, 4:20am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Has anyone actually been banned or is it just rumour?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 105
lobsterpot
April 14, 2018, 6:53am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
It's all true. Seen loads of letters people are uploading on social media sites. Lifetime bans for young passionate supporters who know the rules but couldnt contain their emotion and happiness. Lets face it weve all been there at some point. Imagine watching town like you do, not winning for over 4 months, then winning a must win game in the last minute. It's human nature to some and for that they can never go home or away again according to the letter.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 105
louth_in_the_south
April 14, 2018, 6:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
If this is true it’s absolutely disgusting. Those fans were only celebrating a massive win in a relegation 6 pointer . As the club said before it was the biggest game in years . We all know who that letter should be sent to banning them from BP

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 105
Bigdog
April 14, 2018, 7:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Pouton4ever

Don't think the club have much choice - under the fa laws/rules/regs the crowd should not be on the pitch and the club must be seen to be doing everything they can to prevent it. If not- they can be fined or in worst cases receive a points deduction.

If you look at it like that then those who did go on the pitch, it was only a minority remember- everyone else managed to stay in the stand- that minority exposed us all to a risk.

I wonder had there been a fine or FA action if they you would view them as Spartacus or Satan?

Ahh.. the old rules is rules argument. Must have missed all those mass banning orders being handed out when lower league teams knock out higher league teams in the cup or 15k Huddersfield fans getting banning orders when they got promoted last year and every other good natured mass pitch invasion when something amazing happened.

Only at GTFC.. but then again other clubs cherish their fans..

Even Channel 5 and Sky Sports highlighted the emotion and what the goal meant, not a shred of criticism there either..

I hate what our club is turning into..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 105
OneLove
April 14, 2018, 7:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
From good source Nick Dales blaming Grimsby for the Vale incident, one guy got picked out and taken out the ground last saturday, unreal the guys been a town fan all his life. And if this is true about fans being banned for invading the pitch then we need to stand together and sort out this little hitter's problems. He's rejected me before from going in the main stand because its a family stand but yet wouldn't come face to face for a meet. Love a one on one with the sharp object
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 105
realist
April 14, 2018, 8:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Bunch of prats. The rules and the penalties are well known. Dont come on here moaning.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Banning Orders Chesterfield Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.