6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
April 13, 2018, 3:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
In a safe standing area the seats will be locked so people like Rob and me will not be able to sit,

So we will go in another stand that is all seating wont we Rob ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
Ipswin
April 13, 2018, 3:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
In a safe standing area the seats will be locked so people like Rob and me will not be able to sit,

So we will go in another stand that is all seating wont we Rob ?

Its the 'standers' who start off in the seats, rather than the standing (only) area, and who won't be able to keep their arses on the seats and resist standing when Town attack.

Be great if the standing only area, if it existed,represented 50/75% of the ground's capacity but it wouldn't sadly.Twenty rows, hopefully at the back of the Pontoon, would be it I reckon

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2018, 9:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't have a problem with this at all but when the 'standers' decide to become 'sitters' and then, when we get the ball, want to become' standers' again it felicitations up the genuine 'sitters'. One or the other, stand all match or sit and everyone's happy in reality tho' even if there are standing areas (with seats locked in the up position) there will still be too many who start off sitting but keep leaping up every couple of minutes

Oh FFS. You haven't got enough to moan about so now you're making up your own scenarios to complain about. How do you think people got on before it became all seater?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2018, 9:04pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
I know it's football so usually there's not a lot of brain power used, by both the authorities and fans but, how many people when there at the cinema and have paid for a seat stand, nobody as it's just not done.

Don't know about you but I've never felt the urge to stand up during a film. nothing to do with social convention.

Apart from the time I went to see Chicago and that was only to get up to walk out it was that bad. Not even the perving potential would entice me to stay.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
moosey_club
April 13, 2018, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
or we could all just follow the rules and sit on the seats provided for 2 x 45 mins once a week. ...not a massive hardship.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
ska face
April 13, 2018, 10:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,359
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from moosey_club
or we could all just follow the rules and sit on the seats provided for 2 x 45 mins once a week. ...not a massive hardship.

Yeah, that’s working at the minute isn’t it?

And what about when people celebrate - is it safe to have them jump around with a barrier at shin height in front of them?
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2018, 10:59pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

When it's cold I'd rather be standing. Which is 90% of the season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
Skrill
April 14, 2018, 1:09am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
If BP had safe-standing, Grimsby Town would have at least a few hundred extra supporters and a better atmosphere. Due to government regulation, nope can't do that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43704338

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
Mariner_09
April 14, 2018, 12:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I’d love to see the new ground with the equivalent of the Ponny end with full safe standing, hopefully by then it’ll all be agreed. Would mean the ones who want to sing and shout and create the atmosphere will all be in one end and give a good atmosphere at one point rather than smatterings around the ground. If/when we get the new stadium I want to see a real push to get 2/3 times as many ST sold as usual and then, if he’s still here, give Jolley a really big budget to provide exciting and effective football to entice people back and get them into the habit of going every week, hopefully meaning our lowest gate would be around 5.5k to 6, if done properly.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
moosey_club
April 14, 2018, 12:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Mariner_09
I’d love to see the new ground with the equivalent of the Ponny end with full safe standing, hopefully by then it’ll all be agreed. Would mean the ones who want to sing and shout and create the atmosphere will all be in one end and give a good atmosphere at one point rather than smatterings around the ground. If/when we get the new stadium I want to see a real push to get 2/3 times as many ST sold as usual and then, if he’s still here, give Jolley a really big budget to provide exciting and effective football to entice people back and get them into the habit of going every week, hopefully meaning our lowest gate would be around 5.5k to 6, if done properly full stop  .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.