April 13, 2018, 8:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Davec
Just watched the video on the BBC page Vance Warner posted

Who's going to go round locking and unlocking every single seat? It's going to be a very time consuming job, unless you can do it row by row, but even then it would be time consuming, I have a feeling that clubs will tend to leave the seats locked in the "sitting" position all the time rather than changing it depending on the game in question as lifting the seats to the "standing" position will take a lot of time.

I do support the idea, but the thought of somebody going round with a key locking and unlocking every seat does make me unsure and I think clubs will find that very time consuming and it would be far easier to leave the seats in the "sitting" positions all the time.

What an absolute throbber you are.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
Davec
April 13, 2018, 8:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from ska face

What an absolute throbber you are.

What makes you think it isn't a fair point? I know they would more often than not be locked in the "standing" position but if they need to be put in the sitting position somebody has to go round unlocking all of them to put them in that position and then afterwards put them all back in the standing position, that seems quite Labour intensive, or do you think it'll only take 5 minutes to do the entire stadium?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
LH
April 13, 2018, 9:04am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
It’d only need to be used for seats for European competitions so would only affect 8 clubs in England a season for possibly 10 games.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
Ipswin
April 13, 2018, 9:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I favour a (safe) standing area for those who wish to stand just as long as those in the seating areas stay seated!

I am sick and tired of those in front of me standing every time Town advance on the opponents goal. I have lost count of how many (of the few) games I get to being ruined in this way.

The final at Wembley v Wrexham where we were near the back was totally spoiled by those in front constantly standing.

Thank goodness I manage to get a seat right at the front at Cambridge for example.

I know we have been pretty crap in recent years but do people have to jump up every time we get the flipping ball?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
Grantley
April 13, 2018, 9:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Davec

What makes you think it isn't a fair point? I know they would more often than not be locked in the "standing" position but if they need to be put in the sitting position somebody has to go round unlocking all of them to put them in that position and then afterwards put them all back in the standing position, that seems quite Labour intensive, or do you think it'll only take 5 minutes to do the entire stadium?

Because we’re arguing about the ridiculous decision to reject safe standing when it has been shown on many occasions how safe it is and you’re arguing about the awful thought of hiring a few people to go around unlocking them. Talk about missing the point ffs.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
Mallyner
April 13, 2018, 9:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Ipswin
I favour a (safe) standing area for those who wish to stand just as long as those in the seating areas stay seated!

I am sick and tired of those in front of me standing every time Town advance on the opponents goal. I have lost count of how many (of the few) games I get to being ruined in this way.

The final at Wembley v Wrexham where we were near the back was totally spoiled by those in front constantly standing.

Thank goodness I manage to get a seat right at the front at Cambridge for example.

I know we have been pretty crap in recent years but do people have to jump up every time we get the flipping ball?

I one hundred percent agree with you mate, I have had some notorious standers  in front of me over the years. Upper Whatsit stand, clear views of the goalmouth and yet for every bit of excitement, the ham shankers stand and block my view.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
1mickylyons
April 13, 2018, 9:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Be a very brave person in Britain who says ok to standing coming back at football and as we all know politicians are a spineless bunch at the best of times. In my opinion the Taylor report had a lot of flaws in regards to standing issues.I believe every Club gets issued a safety licence which covers the upcoming Season surely that person is best placed to say what`s safe and what isn`t for that individual ground.Taylor had to compare the Holte End and Anfield Kop with capacities of over 15000 with stands like the Pontoon or Rod Mill at Scunny that held a couple of thousand and deemed they should be all seated if Championship level or above.Not quite sure how Scunny have managed to avoid the red tape but they have a perfectly safe standing terrace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
GrimRob
April 13, 2018, 10:20am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I'm hate standing areas for the pure reason that I am not very tall! All-seater was the best thing that ever happened for me, guaranteed to see all four corner flags and the two goals, a rare luxury. It's annoying when people stand in all-seater areas, I am not sure whether this would help or make it worse.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 57
1mickylyons
April 13, 2018, 10:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

Loosely speaking wasn`t it a case of usually standing behind both goals and seating in some or all side stands Swin?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
grimsby pete
April 13, 2018, 10:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin

That was because Luna and I saved a seat for you and your lad Swin  

I have to seat down I do not have a choice but are happy for other people to stand if they wish as long as its not in front of me,

I see no reason the government does not allow safe seating in grounds now it has proved it is safe,

Most games that have a near full attendance are all ticket so as long as the crowd are allowed into the stadium in a orderly safe manner there should be no problem, Sadly this was not the case for the 96.

Lessons have been learnt and technology has moved on so yes I have signed the patition for safe standing.

PS  I have also signed the petition  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Safe Standing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.