4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
April 12, 2018, 6:46pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43730666

He was leaving at the end of the season anyway but they've now sacked him.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 12, 2018, 7:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
There is some sympathy on the Chester forum at the timing and the lack of backing. But most seem to think he asked for it with public comments about the club/board/players.

Interesting that Chester are supposed to have someone American interested in a takeover.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
KingstonMariner
April 12, 2018, 7:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Didn't a Yank own them years ago? Seem to remember a previous period of dodgy ownership.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
FishOutOfWater
April 12, 2018, 7:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I know they say beware the Ides of March, but Bignot is going to start being wary of early April

Twice in one year he's been sacked in the same week
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 37
KingstonMariner
April 12, 2018, 7:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I know they say beware the Ides of March, but Bignot is going to start being wary of early April

Twice in one year he's been sacked in the same week

April is the cruelest month.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
Sussexmariner
April 12, 2018, 8:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Am I the only one that has a bit of sympathy for Bignot?!

I ask myself would our club be in the position it is now if  Bignot was still in charge? I’m 100% certain we wouldn’t, not saying we would be world beaters but we wouldn’t be in this dire position we find ourselves now.

Would I swap him for Jolley?  Absolutely not, not been this excited about our manager since Buckley.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2018, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Sussexmariner

I ask myself would our club be in the position it is now if  Bignot was still in charge? I’m 100% certain we wouldn’t, not saying we would be world beaters but we wouldn’t be in this dire position we find ourselves now.

Would I swap him for Jolley?  Absolutely not, not been this excited about our manager since Buckley.

Managers seem to divide opinion more than any other facet of football. A lot, and I mean a lot of people didn't like Alan Buckley. To them he was arrogant, a clever so and so. To others, me included he was next to God.

I think it must boil down to personalities as it doesn't seem to matter that much if a manager is successful or not! Bignot was not my cup of tea, whereas Slade was. I  have liked quite a few managers over the years, the most popular ones for me being Jimmy McGuigan, Lawrie Mac and Buckley. Some are so so, others detested but there is nothing like a manager to divide fans.

As regards Bignot I thought it was what was was happening, or not happening, in training and the way he was acting that made the boards mind up not results on the field.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
kamakazebear
April 12, 2018, 9:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457

I want to be excited about Jolley but I remember being excited about Newell so I darent!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
TAGG
April 12, 2018, 9:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
There is some sympathy on the Chester forum at the timing and the lack of backing. But most seem to think he asked for it with public comments about the club/board/players.

Interesting that Chester are supposed to have someone American interested in a takeover.

No chance.
It's been said on here (and other places) a million times there is no one in the world interested in buying/investing a football club.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
April 12, 2018, 9:42pm
Guest User

I ask myself would our club be in the position it is now if  Bignot was still in charge.

We'd be rock bottom if we'd stuck with that massive clown.

Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Bignot sacked again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.