Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would a draw be ok Saturday.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 183 Guests

Would a draw be ok Saturday.?

This thread currently has 8,436 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
mariner91
April 16, 2018, 10:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from diehardmariner
Could argue that we've dashed their remaining hope by snatching an equaliser after they took the lead.  

They needed the win on Saturday more than we did.  I was disappointed with a single point, for them it was a huge missed opportunity.

The body language of their players at the end looked pretty dejected, they looked like a side who thought they'd just had their best chance snatched away from them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
diehardmariner
April 16, 2018, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,421
Gold Stars: 532
Exactly.

My mate commented during the first half how the Barnet players didn't appear to be responding to Allen, to the point that Weston's response was to laugh at his screaming and barking of orders.

They definitely responded to the rocket they would have got at half-time but that can only work so many times and you have to question how many times a manager can return to a club and get a response, with the players knowing full well he won't be there in a few weeks time.

Leaving the ground I was disappointed we hadn't capitalised on our first half display but generally unsure how I felt about  picking up a point.  A few days later a four point return from the two sides who are chasing us to survive is far from the worst outcome.  Neither side has made up any ground on us with a further two games (three in the case of Chesterfield) played out.   Most importantly both sides looked just as bad as us, which gives me confidence they won't be picking up a glut of points from anywhere.  
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 53
Mariner_09
April 16, 2018, 10:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
If we’d won, and we should have been out of sight at half time, then we’d be about sorted. We’d have been 9 points ahead of Chesterfield and 8 ahead of Barnet. It does help that the 3 other sides around us have games against each other.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 53
marinerrick
April 16, 2018, 10:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
i wonder if the players didnt know the chesterfield result before KO.half time found out the result and then thought a draw will do. Hope not but with this squad you never know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would a draw be ok Saturday.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.