Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would a draw be ok Saturday.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 186 Guests

Would a draw be ok Saturday.?

This thread currently has 8,440 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Pouton4ever
April 14, 2018, 9:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from GrimRob
All Barnet's last 3 games are winnable. I can't see us winning 2 of the last 3. I suspect we're going to go to FGR needing something.

I usted read on their forum that they think the same about us. I m pessimistic though- think we need 5 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
denni266
April 14, 2018, 9:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Tbh i cannot see us staying up.. barnet seem to have more about them , Its not about who creates the most chances its who can take them , and time and time again we just cannot take them unless the strikers start hitting the back of the net  more often
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
GrimRob
April 14, 2018, 11:26pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Pouton4ever

I usted read on their forum that they think the same about us. I m pessimistic though- think we need 5 points

4 might be enough, especially if the 3 comes against FGR

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 53
Mrs Doyle
April 15, 2018, 6:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Up to halftime I really thought we had this one cracked.

Allen clearly seething must have gone in that dressing room and absolutely roasted his players he made changes in personnel and tactics and what a transformation.

He would have come away thinking they had been robbed not to win it.

On reflection, we were lucky to get a point M.J. is still learning but he has such limited options ability wise, he does NOT have a game changer like Barnet's Akinde up front to make things happen.

They bossed the midfield in the second half also had a pacy man on the flank putting crosses in and long/dead balls aimed with purpose at top target man Akinde he is a real handful can see him moved to better places next season.

After having time to calm down I think it was a point gained for us which leaves us in a slightly better position with fewer games to play.

A clean sheet against nothing to play for Swindon would be nice anything better would be fantastic.

It's a massive ask but please do not leave it to Forest green I really do not fancy that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
Tommy
April 15, 2018, 8:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
A clean sheet against nothing to play for Swindon would be nice anything better would be fantastic.

I wouldn't say Swindon have nothing to play for, they're only 3 points off a play off place. They are in poor form though.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
toontown
April 15, 2018, 10:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,259
Gold Stars: 70
Maybe Bignot has taken over there, looked at the table and started experimenting...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
ginnywings
April 15, 2018, 12:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
It's Swindon's last throw of the dice next week, so they will be up for it. Has to be said that losing their manager has thrown a spanner in the works for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
diehardmariner
April 16, 2018, 8:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,532
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from GrimRob
All Barnet's last 3 games are winnable. I can't see us winning 2 of the last 3. I suspect we're going to go to FGR needing something.

Yet they couldn't beat us with our one win in 20 odd.  In fact you could argue that we should have been out of sight by half-time.

Just like how we're still awful, so are they.  Chesterfield, FGR etc. too.  I'm not sure where any side is suddenly going to muster a winning streak from in the final games.  
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
ginnywings
April 16, 2018, 9:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from diehardmariner

Yet they couldn't beat us with our one win in 20 odd.  In fact you could argue that we should have been out of sight by half-time.

Just like how we're still awful, so are they.  Chesterfield, FGR etc. too.  I'm not sure where any side is suddenly going to muster a winning streak from in the final games.  

We've given them hope though, when we could have taken it away. However, Newport, who still have a very slim chance of the play offs, and Morecambe, have something to play for, which helps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
diehardmariner
April 16, 2018, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,532
Gold Stars: 536
Could argue that we've dashed their remaining hope by snatching an equaliser after they took the lead.  

They needed the win on Saturday more than we did.  I was disappointed with a single point, for them it was a huge missed opportunity.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would a draw be ok Saturday.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.