Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would a draw be ok Saturday.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 301 Guests

Would a draw be ok Saturday.?

This thread currently has 8,438 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Mallyner
April 13, 2018, 11:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from golfer
When was the last time we won 3or4 nil. I think it is going to happen again Saturday according to my tea leaves.

If only Paul the Octopus was still with us.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
m4riners
April 13, 2018, 12:10pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +26
I've just got this terrible feeling about having to go to the Vegans on the last day of the season needing something. Football karma and all that...and I HATE that club!!

So, for me 3pts tomorrow is a must. I actually think we stand more chance of getting something at BP vs Notts County than the two away games, provided we build on the atmosphere and support of Chesterfield and (hopefully!) Barnet.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
arryarryarry
April 13, 2018, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from diehardmariner
We're at home to a side that have just lifted themselves to the lofty heights of 23rd.

If we're even considering a draw on Saturday as acceptable then we deserve to go down.

Go for the win.

Exactly.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
MuddyWaters
April 13, 2018, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I suppose a draw would be OK if Chesterfield don't win but the sooner we're safe, the sooner MJ can start the massive job of overhauling the squad.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
RichMariner
April 13, 2018, 3:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,133
Gold Stars: 209
I'm pretty sure no one at this club - not the manager, not the players and certainly not the fans - are going out there to play for a draw.

But if the game reaches a point where it's all square and there's not long to go, what should we do?

As the home side - and survival in touching distance - maybe we should go for the win. But equally we could leave ourselves exposed at the back and allow Barnet to nick it. And then the relegation race is wide open once more.

Maybe we should leave that decision to Barnet. It's 0-0 with 20 minutes to go... I wonder if they'll go for it? They must, surely, given the situation they're in. They can't accept a draw (while we just about can).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
diehardmariner
April 13, 2018, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,429
Gold Stars: 532
Outcome of the lunchtime game shouldn't come into this.  In fact I wouldn't mind the players not knowing either way (obviously not going to happen).

Our lads need to worry about winning their own games, that's it. If Chesterfield and everyone else around us lose games then brilliant, but we can't afford to rely on anyone else any longer.  It's dead simple, we win all our games and we're safe.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
Mrs Doyle
April 13, 2018, 3:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I know town never do things easy BUT for ONCE please give us a break and win this one game because no way do I want to go to Veganville needing to draw or win to stay in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2018, 9:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RichMariner
I'm pretty sure no one at this club - not the manager, not the players and certainly not the fans - are going out there to play for a draw.

But if the game reaches a point where it's all square and there's not long to go, what should we do?

As the home side - and survival in touching distance - maybe we should go for the win. But equally we could leave ourselves exposed at the back and allow Barnet to nick it. And then the relegation race is wide open once more.

Maybe we should leave that decision to Barnet. It's 0-0 with 20 minutes to go... I wonder if they'll go for it? They must, surely, given the situation they're in. They can't accept a draw (while we just about can).

Absolutely. Those stats quoted yesterday show that the onus is on them to win. I'm not advocating sitting back, but late on in a drawing game we shouldn't be taking risks. The forwards should come off dog-tired though.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 7:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Maybe!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
GrimRob
April 14, 2018, 9:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
All Barnet's last 3 games are winnable. I can't see us winning 2 of the last 3. I suspect we're going to go to FGR needing something.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would a draw be ok Saturday.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.