Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would a draw be ok Saturday.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 282 Guests

Would a draw be ok Saturday.?

This thread currently has 8,437 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 12, 2018, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Tommy
A few people saying if Chesterfield don't win their early kick off then a draw would be ok for us.

I disagree. This game is our easiest chance left to get 3 points so for me it's vital we win this game.

Don't want to draw this one and then end up in a position where we desperately need to beat Swindon or Notts County.

I agree, if we can't beat Barnet then it is highly unlikely we will win any of our remaining matches and that would leave us relying on the failure of the other teams.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
Zmariner
April 12, 2018, 6:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
I think a draw will leave us under terrible pressure as Chesterfield will fight to the last other than Exeter their run in is ok. Tough home games but they all are and they sorted Notts county out. I think a draw will make a win required in one if the other games. As for Martin Allen , excellent manager but playing games. They are on better form than us by every measure utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
TheRealJohnLewis
April 12, 2018, 7:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Our chances of staying up if we win, lose or draw against Barnet.

https://twitter.com/experimental361/status/984488203825635329
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
Marinerz93
April 12, 2018, 7:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I want Town to win every game and my thoughts don't change for this game, we need as many points as possible, I feel the players are starting to work with Jolley so we may fair better in this game than previous ones. I'm fed up of looking over my shoulder, we can do this.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
KingstonMariner
April 12, 2018, 7:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Our chances of staying up if we win, lose or draw against Barnet.

https://twitter.com/experimental361/status/984488203825635329

I'm glad he's done the maths on this. My brain can't cope with all the permutations.

If his calculations are right, any result sees us with at least a better than evens chance of survival. The best case scenario for Barnet still only gives them a roughly 50:50 chance. Chesterfield's outlook is bleak whatever the result.

I'm not counting any chickens though so we shouldn't contemplate anything but a win.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
Yoda
April 12, 2018, 7:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
If we lose and chesterfield win it’s panic stations.
My only worry is we don’t look like scoring unless it’s a penalty, i would take a draw now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
AdamHaddock
April 12, 2018, 8:14pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
It would be squeaky bum time if we fail to win and  find ourselves needing points from Swindon /Notts

Let's get that win and leave the bottom three to take points off each other

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
RichMariner
April 13, 2018, 11:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
If Chesterfield don't win in the early kick off then a draw will be alright, for now. It means Chesterfield can't catch us with their games in hand any more and we'll keep Barnet at arm's length. Both teams will know that just one win or even a couple of draws in our last three games will probably relegate them, and the fight is well and truly out of their hands.

Game management will be vital. If it's all square after 70 mins on Saturday I wonder if we'll see Barnet go for it. They need the win more than us. Doubt they'll settle for a point.

That might just open up the game and give us a chance to win it. But do we go gung-ho for the win if the scores are level with 10 minutes to go? Is it worth the risk given a point will be one gained for us and two dropped for Barnet?

Like Ginny said earlier, it's exhausting thinking about it. It does my nut in - not just these permutations... supporting Grimsby in general. Nothing's easy!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
diehardmariner
April 13, 2018, 11:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
We're at home to a side that have just lifted themselves to the lofty heights of 23rd.

If we're even considering a draw on Saturday as acceptable then we deserve to go down.

Go for the win.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
ginnywings
April 13, 2018, 11:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from diehardmariner
We're at home to a side that have just lifted themselves to the lofty heights of 23rd.

If we're even considering a draw on Saturday as acceptable then we deserve to go down.

Go for the win.

Agreed. They have the worst away record in the division, possibly the entire country? and got spanked 4-1 by Stevenage, who didn't look up to much at BP. Allen has made a difference to them though. Think he has won 2 out of his 4 games. Not sure whether knowing the Chesterfield result going into the game helps or not, but if Chesterfield lose, we can go into it thinking that a win will virtually see us safe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Would a draw be ok Saturday.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.