April 12, 2018, 10:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Is Vernham still with us?

Injured, gone back to Derby. Don't think he will play again this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
diehardmariner
April 13, 2018, 8:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,506
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Pollock was in my fantasy football team that was made up of ex-Town players and fish-themed players. Won the Cup and 2nd in the work league that year.  

He was actually on trial with us, possibly during the Lennie Lawrence era where every player without a contract had a trial for us.   I think it was towards the end of his career, which he retired from quite young.  I saw him in a couple of reserve games where he stood out a mile with his technique and ability.  He was just three-stone too heavy and looked every part the stereotype of the Sunday League midfielder who has good feet for a big lad.

My memory could be playing tricks on me but I'm sure we had Carl Leaburn on trial at the same time.  His strike record is something that even our strikers would turn their noses up at.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
diehardmariner
April 13, 2018, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,506
Gold Stars: 536
From Pollock's Wiki page...

"Personal life
After his short-lived spell as a football manager, he is now concentrating on his personal training company"

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reserves v York

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.