Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No Offers?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 249 Guests

No Offers?

This thread currently has 7,912 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
April 14, 2018, 1:51am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from ginnywings
No freeview on the MJ pre match press conference either this week after the last two were. Looks like it's back to no freebies again. Don't want to devalue the product now.
I cancelled my monthly subscription last week, the majority of the press conferences is transposed on to the GTFC and Telegraph websites anyway.

I wish GTFC added more content on YouTube.  If you compare with say Shrewsbury Town, every couple of days, on their YouTube account, they have a minute or so preview and post match video with the manager and sometimes with a player.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
ginnywings
April 14, 2018, 11:06am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I cancelled my monthly subscription last week, the majority of the press conferences is transposed on to the GTFC and Telegraph websites anyway.

I wish GTFC added more content on YouTube.  If you compare with say Shrewsbury Town, every couple of days, on their YouTube account, they have a minute or so preview and post match video with the manager and sometimes with a player.

I cancelled when it changed to iFollow. There is nothing worth paying for on there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
Mrs Doyle
April 14, 2018, 12:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from diehardmariner

If anything ever summed up why as a club we're floundering, the above sums it up perfectly.  

5000 fans paying full price is better than 6000 with discount.  Totally short-sighted approach.  

Back of a cigarette packet workings:

5000 @ avg. ticket price of £10 (Adult and Concessions) - 2500 Season Ticket Holders - £25,000 through the gate.
6000 @ discounted avg. ticket price of let's say £5 (£10 for Adults, kids go free with or on their own for £1) - 2500 Season Ticket Holders - £17,500.

A difference of £7,500.  This is a must win game.  Forget Chesterfield, this is now the most important game of the season.  As will the next one after that and so on until we're safe.  The club are putting £7,500 ahead of packing BP in a crucial game which we simply must win.  What's the cost of relegation? £1million minimum?

That's not even factoring in the fact that you might get 500 kids going for free and even if 2 of those then become life long fans you're making your money back in the long run.  Then they'll bring their mates, grow up and bring their kids.... God knows what amount those 2 people will contribute to the income stream of the club in the next 20/30 years and beyond.

This club needs to look beyond its own bloody nose when it makes these decisions.  I get annoyed as a season ticket holder when all these offers are peddled out because I feel it makes my ST less of a benefit (I still buy one like an idiot though!) but christ almighty this is a no-brainer.  Pack the Park, make it a great atmosphere and roar the side to safety.  The club failed to capitalise on the post-promotion feel good factor, watched on as a Lincoln shamed us by doing it with style 12 months later and then still fail to respond.  From a purely business perspective this is an opportunity.  An opportunity to tap into new fans and new income streams, yet instead we're happy to pocket an extra £7,500.  

Pathetic.

Hey not my scenario mate I am just trying to think how the board thinks. They have a professional accountant there so should be able to do the sums. I agree with everything you say but then I don't make that call they do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
diehardmariner
April 16, 2018, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
No, I know.

I was calling the board view pathetic.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
April 16, 2018, 4:06pm
Guest User
I'm all for packing the park, but the playing budget has to come from somewhere. And gate receipts is the main source of funding. I would be happy to pay more for a season ticket if we had a more competitive budget. I do agree kids for a quid etc should be rolled out as an investment into the future fan base. The club seem to do a lot of this sort of thing already.

However, If you have to let adults in for a tenner or less for them to bother, are they worth bothering with?
Reply: 34 - 35
diehardmariner
April 16, 2018, 4:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Accepting that the above workings are very loose, but that's £7,500 a game.  Over the season you're talking just shy of £200,000 but with an extra 1000 people through the gate, if on average each of those spend just a quid a game on programmes, tea/coffee, beer, whatever that's £23,000 straight away.  That's not even taking into account shirt sales or the fact that if you get people in and make them feel like they want to come back they'll bring other people with them.  That 1000 people becomes 1500 and so on.

Competitive playing budget?  Accrington average less than 2000 at home games and I'm sure they don't charge £60 a ticket to supplement the shortfall, they also operate at a tidy profit.   There's a difference between competitive and wasteful.  

We're in a ridiculously fortunate position that we've got a hardcore 2500-3000 who will get season tickets plus another 1000 who will turn out most the time.  Sensible approach is we take that as the budget, it's still very healthy for this level and we don't deviate it from it. The more efficient we are the more we can use on players. That then gives us half of our ground capacity to try new things out, try to entice people in who won't normally come and tap into the next generation of fans.  If no-one else turns up, fine.  We've lost nothing other than a bit of thinking time.  Whoever else turns up and whatever they bring financially is a bonus and we should re-invest it appropriately.

It's an opportunity, a huge one.  The club see it as a burden.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No Offers?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.