Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No Offers?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 218 Guests

No Offers?

This thread currently has 7,906 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 11, 2018, 12:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Must say i'm a bit surprised and more than a little disappointed there are no offers on for this weekend to pack the park. I just don't get it and the crowd will be down significantly from the last game, without all those away fans and those that turned up for free/cheap for the last two games. If they think a disco set from your worst nightmare wedding reception is going to suffice, i think they are making a huge miscalculation.

I really don't get the thinking behind our board. So much but no more seems to be their modus operandi. Something that worked so well for the last 2 home games has just been abandoned, with arguably a bigger game than Chesterfield coming up.

Poor!
Logged Offline
Private Message
1mickylyons
April 11, 2018, 12:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
Must say i'm a bit surprised and more than a little disappointed there are no offers on for this weekend to pack the park. I just don't get it and the crowd will be down significantly from the last game, without all those away fans and those that turned up for free/cheap for the last two games. If they think a disco set from your worst nightmare wedding reception is going to suffice, i think they are making a huge miscalculation.

I really don't get the thinking behind our board. So much but no more seems to be their modus operandi. Something that worked so well for the last 2 home games has just been abandoned, with arguably a bigger game than Chesterfield coming up.

Poor!

Dare I say devaluing the product just before you attempt to put up prices on season tickets and matchday tickets
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
jimgtfc
April 11, 2018, 12:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
I get what you’re saying but won’t there be a big crowd anyway given that it’s a massive game? No point the club offering discounted tickets if we’re going to get a decent gate anyway, or am I missing something?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
ginnywings
April 11, 2018, 12:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jimgtfc
I get what you’re saying but won’t there be a big crowd anyway given that it’s a massive game? No point the club offering discounted tickets if we’re going to get a decent gate anyway, or am I missing something?

There may be, there may not. Depends if all those who took advantage of recent offers return. That's the thing though isn't it, being left to chance. If you are proactive, you make sure there will be a full house, not hope for one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
Simariner
April 11, 2018, 12:51pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
The game is such a big one everyone who is associated with GTFC should be there supporting them.  They've done and tried the discount and it only added 800 or so on the gate,

They should be looking to attract the kids for free in my eyes. After last weekend surely folk would want to return???

No other offer should be needed  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 35
GyMariner
April 11, 2018, 12:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
It was our first win in 20 games, if that doesn’t draw everyone back (along with it being one of our biggest games of the season) I don’t know what will!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
grimsby pete
April 11, 2018, 1:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Kids are our future so I hope the club do a really good deal for them next season,

Something like a season ticket for £23 when bought with an adult one.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
Teestogreen
April 11, 2018, 1:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete
Kids are our future so I hope the club do a really good deal for them next season,

Something like a season ticket for £23 when bought with an adult one.

There would probably be a population explosion, in Grimsby / Cleethorpes and surrounding areas,  at this offer, in less than a year's time. Good for the economy, maybe.  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
Elgringo87
April 11, 2018, 2:16pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
There is an offer to discoveries football club for the Barnet game all adults £10 and kids go free providing they are playing or connected to discoveries fc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
Elgringo87
April 11, 2018, 2:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Sorry £12
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No Offers?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.