Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC as a fan-owned club?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 189 Guests

Would you like to see GTFC as a fan-owned club?
No
Yes
  View Results 111 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

GTFC as a fan-owned club?

This thread currently has 7,803 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
AndyMariner
April 9, 2018, 11:04am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -1
Would you like to see GTFC as a self-sustainable, fan-owned club? Add comments for and against below...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Ipswin
April 9, 2018, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
If the Trust is anything to go by (and they don't  have any responsibility for running the club) fan control would be a total disaster

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 58
ginnywings
April 9, 2018, 11:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
ginnywings
April 9, 2018, 11:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Ipswin
If the Trust is anything to go by (and they don't  have any responsibility for running the club) fan control would be a total disaster

Given more responsibility for actually running the club, they may well just surprise you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 58
1mickylyons
April 9, 2018, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

I had great belief in the Trust up until recently personally can you explain what you mean by total disaster Swin as opposed to what? The last 15 years have been pish poor I would be vexed if you and I couldn`t at least better those results on and off the pitch at a Club with a 4k average gate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
pizzzza
April 9, 2018, 11:38am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
I would like to yes but with no involvement from the Trust in its current form. It would need to be led by a new supporter organisation.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
barralad
April 9, 2018, 11:39am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Ipswin

Do keep up Swin. I'm on record as saying although I'm definitely not opposed to fan ownership I do not feel that I have the skills required (nor the physical well-being) to be actively involved in running a professional football club. I believe all my fellow Trust Board members feel the same but we ALL see a role if it comes to pass in doing everything we can to ensure a smooth transition. Time for others to step up to the mark I feel.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 58
ginnywings
April 9, 2018, 11:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
An article here about when Wycombe became fan owned in 2012.

https://www.theguardian.com/so.....ootball-club-wycombe

Here is some insight into how they operate.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/fans/wycombe-wanderers-trust/

I think it's do-able for sure, but as Barra has pointed out, there needs to be a fresh influx of people to do it. I'd be more than willing to volunteer my time for tasks that involve the skill set that i have, namely hands on stuff and maintenance, and my brother would too. As they say in that article, there could me more fan owned clubs in the future. For me, it's the way to go for clubs such as ourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
Cloudy
April 9, 2018, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I would say a resounding yes.

Whether that is full ownership is probably not my preferred choice, but a much enhanced role IS the way forward provided JSF steps aside either by selling/gifting or simply standing down from the board.

People say it would be a disaster. I dont think it would be, just need full supporter involvement together with proper financial controls. It would not be any worse
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
monkeyboy
April 9, 2018, 11:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
No chance

Fans cant agree on here nevermind running a club.

No we need David Ross to come in and use all his wealth getting the club in order even if it bankrupts him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC as a fan-owned club?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.