ginnywings
April 9, 2018, 10:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Not as bad as that stamp on Macca at Wembley by that fat FGR player.  Not so sure that Rhead set-out to do that. Doesn't look pre-meditated as he was looking the other way and looking to get away from the Shrews defender. Bloody quick thinking if it was deliberate.

Fat cunnt though.

Yeah, to be fair, it's difficult to stop that bulk quickly. Bit like an oil tanker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
KingstonMariner
April 9, 2018, 10:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, to be fair, it's difficult to stop that bulk quickly. Bit like an oil tanker.

Is that last bit Grimsby Rhyming Slang?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
denni266
April 10, 2018, 12:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
he knew what he was doing there, red any day. in fact any decent copper would have lifted him for assault
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
Abdul19
April 10, 2018, 7:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Yeah, clear red. He looks at Henderson then leads with his arm. The bloke's a (very effective) thug.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
nealeardleyscrossing
April 10, 2018, 12:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
I agree, I thought it was a disgraceful challenge. Should have seen red. What I will say is so would there centre half too (Niasla?), at it all game.

Regardless of what league we are in next year, I doubt Rhead will be here.
Its rumoured we have already spent 600k on two centre forwards who have agreed to join. One is the lad from Wimbledon (Lyle Taylor), not sure who the other is.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the checkatrade, it has made us way over a million, which appears to be being put in to the team already.

Good luck against Barnet - They deserve Non - League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
moosey_club
April 10, 2018, 12:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224

Hurst has the ability to get more wins than losses as he has shown at Town and at Shrewsbury. He has trouble though with one off games because he is not very good at tactics. That is his big weakness.
Lincoln were allowed to play the game they wanted which was kick lumps off better players, rough up a young keeper and get the ball forward missing out midfield.

Hurst was caught out by this lower league tactic time after time at BP, lesser teams sat back and bullied Town out of a game while our manager sat motionless on the bench. Shrewsbury have had a few struggles against the bottom clubs in the league as well. He does not seem to be able to get his sides to go out from the off with the Chris Nichols mantra which was you had to earn the right to play.

Absolutely spot on. You just have to look at the Shrews goal difference this season compared to those around them...very similar to most of the seasons he had here....low on goals conceded but way down on goals scored....he doesnt want to lose games and sets up accordingly as opposed to going out to win them.
Its a formula for a decent success rate over a league season, which he has consistently showed, but not necessarily for winning knock out competitions, which play offs ultimatley are.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
Les Brechin
April 10, 2018, 1:13pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from moosey_club

Absolutely spot on. You just have to look at the Sgrews goal difference this season compared to those around them...very similar to most of the seasons he had here....low on goals conceded but way down on goals scored....he doesnt want to lose games and sets up accordingly as opposed to going out to win them.
Its a formula for a decent success rate over a league season, which he has consistently showed, but not necessarily for winning knock out competitions, which play offs ultimatley are.

I think your signature need updatng Moosey!!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
ginnywings
April 10, 2018, 2:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I agree, I thought it was a disgraceful challenge. Should have seen red. What I will say is so would there centre half too (Niasla?), at it all game.

Regardless of what league we are in next year, I doubt Rhead will be here.
Its rumoured we have already spent 600k on two centre forwards who have agreed to join. One is the lad from Wimbledon (Lyle Taylor), not sure who the other is.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the checkatrade, it has made us way over a million, which appears to be being put in to the team already.

Good luck against Barnet - They deserve Non - League.

Good luck to you too- against Port Vale on Saturday that is. Love it if they went down after their fans behaviour this season. They'll be massive in Non League.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
nealeardleyscrossing
April 10, 2018, 3:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ginnywings

Good luck to you too- against Port Vale on Saturday that is. Love it if they went down after their fans behaviour this season. They'll be massive in Non League.  

Yeah I saw they were at it with Crewe from a few clips I have seen. I think they have a voucher scheme, so they can bring a friend Saturday or something.
Think we have sold 900 tickets so with 4 days left can see us taking over a 1000. We need a win, as after that we have Wycombe, Accrington and Coventry.

I think Barnet, if they go, will be a long time in Non league before they challenge again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
ginnywings
April 10, 2018, 4:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic

Yeah I saw they were at it with Crewe from a few clips I have seen. I think they have a voucher scheme, so they can bring a friend Saturday or something.
Think we have sold 900 tickets so with 4 days left can see us taking over a 1000. We need a win, as after that we have Wycombe, Accrington and Coventry.

I think Barnet, if they go, will be a long time in Non league before they challenge again.

They were at it here too, before and during the game. Took advantage of us having no police in the ground and leaving a gate open, which they rushed through after we equalised. Held the game up for about 10 mins. Think you will beat them. Hope so anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln/Shrews

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.