7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 8, 2018, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228

Hurst has the ability to get more wins than losses as he has shown at Town and at Shrewsbury. He has trouble though with one off games because he is not very good at tactics. That is his big weakness.  Lincoln were allowed to play the game they wanted which was kick lumps off better players, rough up a young keeper and get the ball forward missing out midfield.

Hurst was caught out by this lower league tactic time after time at BP, lesser teams sat back and bullied Town out of a game while our manager sat motionless on the bench. Shrewsbury have had a few struggles against the bottom clubs in the league as well. He does not seem to be able to get his sides to go out from the off with the Chris Nichols mantra which was you had to earn the right to play.

I didn’t see the game as I was working but I would agree with your views on Hurst.

What I assume didn’t help is Lincoln scoring when they did as when he was at GTFC Hurst’s teams where better at holding leads then chasing them.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 62
Garth
April 8, 2018, 7:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

Hurst has the ability to get more wins than losses as he has shown at Town and at Shrewsbury. He has trouble though with one off games because he is not very good at tactics. That is his big weakness.  Lincoln were allowed to play the game they wanted which was kick lumps off better players, rough up a young keeper and get the ball forward missing out midfield.

Hurst was caught out by this lower league tactic time after time at BP, lesser teams sat back and bullied Town out of a game while our manager sat motionless on the bench. Shrewsbury have had a few struggles against the bottom clubs in the league as well. He does not seem to be able to get his sides to go out from the off with the Chris Nichols mantra which was you had to earn the right to play.

So true, he was made to look an amateur today by a rookie manager, I don`t think Lincoln put one footballing move together all game, but showed plenty of endeavour and effort
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 62
ginnywings
April 8, 2018, 7:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Both percentage managers, but the Cowleys seem to be a bit better at it. Didn't watch the game but i imagine it wasn't a feast of football.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
FishOutOfWater
April 8, 2018, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
Both percentage managers, but the Cowleys seem to be a bit better at it. Didn't watch the game but i imagine it wasn't a feast of football.

You’re right Ginny. It wasn’t

It was Lincoln roughing up the Shrews from the off and not allowing them to get in to their stride

A thuggish attack by Rhead on Henderson that should have been a red and minutes later the keeper fumbled for an easy tap in

After that it was over really. Lincoln had a couple of more chances. Their keeper pulled off a smart save. They should have had a couple of penalties awarded against them that might have given Hurst’s men a way back in, but it wasn’t to be

I guess the Gimps’ fans will be overjoyed at their victory but in reality it’s nothing to be proud of
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 62
Marinerz93
April 8, 2018, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Gimps too just over 26,000 for their first visit which is way less than what we took on our first visit however they took double to what the Scunts took for their first visit.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
bawarmy
April 9, 2018, 12:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,005
Gold Stars: 32
They’ll be celebrating in  gimpland tonight. God knows who’s sleeping with who
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 62
arryarryarry
April 9, 2018, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
A Shrewsbury fan's view.

Not a great day with PH being out smarted by the Cowley brothers, Salop out played by Lincoln, Salop fans greatly outnumbered by Lincoln, a p**s poor ref, smug Salop fans saying how great their lunch was and gloating they don’t have to travel home,

Never mind we really showed the EFL what we think of the Chec
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
arryarryarry
April 9, 2018, 11:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Rhead's challenge on here, what a flipping girl private.

http://www.roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6209&p=240786#p240786
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 62
toontown
April 9, 2018, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,263
Gold Stars: 70
Thats a really bad, and almost certainly deliberate, foul on Deano, should have seen red for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
KingstonMariner
April 9, 2018, 10:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Not as bad as that stamp on Macca at Wembley by that fat FGR player.  Not so sure that Rhead set-out to do that. Doesn't look pre-meditated as he was looking the other way and looking to get away from the Shrews defender. Bloody quick thinking if it was deliberate.

Fat cunnt though.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln/Shrews

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.