This thread currently has 14,898 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
April 8, 2018, 1:04pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Yes, that was a massive win yesterday, but let's not forget that Chesterfield can still get above us, although they will need 2 wins and a draw now from their 3 games in hand.

The first of those 3 games is on Tuesday when they travel to Morecambe where a home win will be another step towards survival for us. A home win there coupled by a win for us over Barnet on Saturday and we can all start to relax a little bit.

Chesterfield then travel to Exeter on Tuesday week which will be a very hard game for them and then have Newport at home in their other game in hand.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
April 8, 2018, 1:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I didn’t see anything from them yesterday that would lead to them finishing above us. They’ll be bollocksed playing Sat/Tues for the rest of the season and are dreadful on the road - with 4/7 games they have left away. If they finish above us I’ll run through the Pontoon with a hot.... I’ll be very surprised.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
grimsby pete
April 8, 2018, 1:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
The only team we have to fear is Barnet,

We beat them and we are safe.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
RoboCod
April 8, 2018, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It looks to me like the only thing that could have turned Chesterfield around would have been a change of manager around December. Another similarity to us, only we *may* have made the change just in the nick of time.

Regardless of our League status next season Jolley should still be here, I think Lester will be gone within hours if they go down. I honestly don't see anything in his management attempts that says otherwise, and I'd be pretty angry as a Spireite fan to have ploughed on with him through such a depressing period of time, Slade-style.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
Madeleymariner
April 8, 2018, 1:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
As I see it, if we beat Barnet then scrape another point somewhere we are safe looking at remaining fixtures for the bottom 5. would need at least 2 teams to go on amazing runs for us to finish in the bottom 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
ginnywings
April 8, 2018, 1:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from RoboCod
It looks to me like the only thing that could have turned Chesterfield around would have been a change of manager around December. Another similarity to us, only we *may* have made the change just in the nick of time.

Regardless of our League status next season Jolley should still be here, I think Lester will be gone within hours if they go down. I honestly don't see anything in his management attempts that says otherwise, and I'd be pretty angry as a Spireite fan to have ploughed on with him through such a depressing period of time, Slade-style.

I was surprised with their choice of manager and said at the time it was a big risk in the Neil Woods mould to go with him, as he is totally lacking experience. Well and truly backfired for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
MuddyWaters
April 8, 2018, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Let's not forget they play at Barnet last game of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
Heisenberg
April 8, 2018, 5:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Let's not forget they play at Barnet last game of the season.

Let’s hope it’s a dead rubber. That would be lovely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 8, 2018, 7:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
If we can secure another three points v Barnet we will want to see victories for Lincoln & Cheltenham (not something associated with town fans) that would place us above Veggie Rovers and the Vale with Veggies next game v Chesterfield and one of them must suffer.

Veggie guys like us need to win their home games to stay up let’s hope they win none of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
Shilts
April 8, 2018, 8:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +121
Wow, that last day cod be massive and what a twist of fate to have all bottom 4 aging eachother.

Us v Forest Green
Chesterfield v Barnet

"Nothing says party like a retro Ciba Geigy Town shirt bobbing away on an inflatable flamingo."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield watch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.