This thread currently has 4,175 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
April 8, 2018, 7:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Never saw it from the main but seeing it here no doubt he moved his arm to the ball well-spotted ref.

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....sby-1-0-chesterfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
LondonMariner43
April 8, 2018, 7:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
There’s an irony in beating Jack Lester’s team with a penalty!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Belfast Town
April 8, 2018, 7:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Never saw it from the main but seeing it here no doubt he moved his arm to the ball well-spotted ref.

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....sby-1-0-chesterfield

Definitely was.   Thanks for posting the link.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
lukeo
April 8, 2018, 7:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
I wouldn't complain if it was reverse and it was us that gave it away. You can't have you arm that high up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Northbank Mariner
April 8, 2018, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Mistake he made was moving his arm towards the ball, Bobby Maddley couldn't miss that and that's the difference between a premier league quality referee and the dross we normally get officiating at BP..
Superb finish my Roae and what an amazing win for GFTC...just do Barnet and league safety should be secured..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Ipswin
April 8, 2018, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from lukeo
I wouldn't complain if it was reverse and it was us that gave it away. You can't have you arm that high up

I bet you flipping would!

Oh, and its DEFINITE BTW Mrs Doyle

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
golfer
April 8, 2018, 8:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Was his bra from Primark ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
lukeo
April 8, 2018, 8:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
I would not complain for the ref giving it. I'd Complain at our player stupid enough to raise his arm that high!
They all seem accepting on their forum that it is a penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Ipswin
April 8, 2018, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
I would not complain for the ref giving it. I'd Complain at our player stupid enough to raise his arm that high!
They all seem accepting on their forum that it is a penalty.

I agree I think it was a definite penalty no argument but my point was that as Town fans, however blatant it is, we will always moan and complain about a penalty being awarded against us, its natural for real supporters to do. Can't understand the Chesterfield lot, either not real fans or so past caring. At least their manager (who they all want sacked - how long has he been the boss?) moaned about it, as he rightly should being the one affected and as all managers do.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
ginnywings
April 8, 2018, 10:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Why are they not "real" fans for not complaining? It's a clear penalty and they accept they were not robbed.

Bit of Karma for Lester after all the penalties he "won". Best thing about yesterday was their fans quietly exiting the ground with their tails between their legs. Think they realised they are as good as down and that goal made for a calm ending to the day for all concerned. Had they got it, there would have been carnage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
arryarryarry
April 8, 2018, 10:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings
Why are they not "real" fans for not complaining? It's a clear penalty and they accept they were not robbed.

Bit of Karma for Lester after all the penalties he "won". Best thing about yesterday was their fans quietly exiting the ground with their tails between their legs. Think they realised they are as good as down and that goal made for a calm ending to the day for all concerned. Had they got it, there would have been carnage.

You only have to read the various threads on their forum, it is clear most think they are going down.

They want most of the players gone, the board gone and Jack Lester gone.

Looking back at yesterday my thoughts haven't changed that it was too poor sides with them looking really crap. With MJ's change to a 4-5-1 and at first Vernon and then Cardwell alone up front we never looked like scoring until thankfully that penalty.

I would add that I still want most of this shower gone, even those on 2 year contracts, for next season.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Ipswin
April 8, 2018, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Because (as I have already said) real fans always complain about penalties given against their team no matter how blatant, its naturally in-built just like its always the ref's fault etc etc.
Can't believe they are taking it so calmly, I know we wouldn't. Your last sentence proves my point.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
bradzmilne
April 8, 2018, 10:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
From the Pontoon, I don't think it touched his arm. But there was disagreement with me there.

However what was his arm was doing up there in the first place ?  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Marinerz93
April 8, 2018, 11:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Definitely a penalty as he moved his arm out it hit his arm near the shoulder, had he had his arm behind his back you could have argued it would have been harsh, you win some you lose some.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
ginnywings
April 8, 2018, 11:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Ipswin

Because (as I have already said) real fans always complain about penalties given against their team no matter how blatant, its naturally in-built just like its always the ref's fault etc etc.
Can't believe they are taking it so calmly, I know we wouldn't. Your last sentence proves my point.

My last sentence was not about the legitimacy of the penalty award, because it was a clear pen and i would have accepted it as so had it been against us. It was more to do with the reaction from the fans at losing a game we really had to win. JF wouldn't have been shaking hands with and hugging fans had it gone to them was my point. and there would almost have certainly been ugly scenes in the ground.

I can fully understand the resignation of their fans. Being in the bottom two and losing almost every week can do that to you. We know, it's happened to us plenty of times. Still is happening, and talking to our fans before the game, they were all of a similar opinion, that we are as good as down and were not expecting anything from the game. I think it is a defence mechanism to lessen the hurt, because as they say, it's the hope that kills you, and if you stop hoping, you stop hurting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
HertsGTFC
April 8, 2018, 11:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from ginnywings

My last sentence was not about the legitimacy of the penalty award, because it was a clear pen and i would have accepted it as so had it been against us. It was more to do with the reaction from the fans at losing a game we really had to win. JF wouldn't have been shaking hands with and hugging fans had it gone to them was my point. and there would almost have certainly been ugly scenes in the ground.

I can fully understand the resignation of their fans. Being in the bottom two and losing almost every week can do that to you. We know, it's happened to us plenty of times. Still is happening, and talking to our fans before the game, they were all of a similar opinion, that we are as good as down and were not expecting anything from the game. I think it is a defence mechanism to lessen the hurt, because as they say, it's the hope that kills you, and if you stop hoping, you stop hurting.

Despite the last 10 mins or so yesterday was horrible, something I would rather not experience again but will no doubt on Saturday versus Barnet.

I've told myself for weeks now that we are doomed as with Town if you convince yourself it's going to go badly your either proved right or pleasantly surprised. The penalty was a massive piece of luck for us and rank stupidity for them, if he had not controlled it with is upper arm (or thats as it appeared) they'd have got a point as we would not have scored even if we stayed all night.

Yesterday has given me some hope, all being well it won't be taken away in the next couple of weekends..

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
golfer
April 8, 2018, 1:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Clear penalty. Stopped the rot. Should give us a bit more confidence. Everybody been nervous wrecks last few weeks. Beat Barnet now that we've started winning.Onwards and upwards. Wont even finish in bottom 4
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
golfer
April 8, 2018, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
I not A    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Theimperialcoroner
April 8, 2018, 1:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,087
Gold Stars: 93
I’ve shared with a couple of other very decent refs on Twitter and the consensus is they can see why it was given but not sure they would. I guess that’s why Madley is in the Prem and they are in the Evo-Stick.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
MuddyWaters
April 8, 2018, 2:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,881
Gold Stars: 230
Was right behind the throw in Lower Youngs and there was a bit of leg-break about the bounce of the ball off the lumpy bit in the Ponny penalty box.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
HackneyHaddock
April 8, 2018, 8:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
For me, he practically pulled the bladder out of the ball.  Stick-on penno for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DEFINATE PENNO

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.