5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
April 9, 2018, 7:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Looking on their forum they might get a minibus sorted, most of the comments are about how unfriendly the locals are and dog excrement on the pavements,  don't know where they get those impressions from, probably getting us mixed up with someone else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
TheRealJohnLewis
April 10, 2018, 11:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I found this on the Barnet forum, I'm not sure how true it is but it made me laugh.

Quoted from Barnet Forum

In my attic again and remembered it's Grimsby away next Saturday. Had a right laugh last time I was up there. We stopped on the way to the ground at a fishmongers and I bought a massive whole Sea Bass and loads of little fishes. Drove past some Grimsby fans and shouted "Bee Army" and they started to give it the big one which is exactly what I wanted because we had the Herring and Mackerel ready. Just as they started their shenanigans like pulling up their tops and rubbing their belly and shouting profanities I bombarded them with the small fish. Fatty tried to chase after the car and ended up tripping over and as I saw him get up and start to walk back to his mates, I said turn the car around to get him again.... he was waiting to cross in the middle of the road on an island and my old mate an Italian chap called Carboni slapped him round the face with the 25 inch Sea Bass at about 15mph. It was glorious.

Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
RoboCod
April 10, 2018, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
I found this on the Barnet forum, I'm not sure how true it is but it made me laugh.

It sounds a little dream-like but wow, what a dream!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
Grimsby2012
April 10, 2018, 12:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Tough one this. I could see us beating Chesterfield and was correct with the 1-0. However, Barnet actually have a scorer on their books so it will be a tough call. If they score first, game over.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
tanga_the_indestructible
April 10, 2018, 3:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Our record against Barnet is very good. We've only ever lost one at home and three in total over 15 games.

Under Jolley we're unbeaten at home and haven't conceded a goal since the PV one in early March. Although we haven't eliminated all the stupid errors, at home we seem to be really tight and the crowd is visibly making a huge difference. Fingers crossed we can get it over the line this Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
forza ivano
April 10, 2018, 3:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Our record against Barnet is very good. We've only ever lost one at home and three in total over 15 games.

Under Jolley we're unbeaten at home and haven't conceded a goal since the PV one in early March. Although we haven't eliminated all the stupid errors, at home we seem to be really tight and the crowd is visibly making a huge difference. Fingers crossed we can get it over the line this Saturday.

last 5 home games are won 1 drawn 3 lost 1. and the loss was to high flying exeter when i think its fair to say that the performance ,and the fact that hooper fluffed the penalty, was good enough for a draw
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
Grimal
April 10, 2018, 4:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Tough one this. I could see us beating Chesterfield and was correct with the 1-0. However, Barnet actually have a scorer on their books so it will be a tough call. If they score first, game over.

Chesterfield have a scorer in Kristian Dennis, 18 goals this season already.And he didn't score last Saturday.

John Akinde has scored 6 goals so far in 28 appearances this term.
Shaquile Coulthirst has scored 9  in 40 appearances but has only scored 1  since November..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
RonMariner
April 10, 2018, 8:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Grimal

Chesterfield have a scorer in Kristian Dennis, 18 goals this season already.And he didn't score last Saturday.

John Akinde has scored 6 goals so far in 28 appearances this term.
Shaquile Coulthirst has scored 9  in 40 appearances but has only scored 1  since November..

I bet most of those are penalties too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.