diehardmariner
April 4, 2018, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,096
Gold Stars: 520
£42k spent on what!

Who have we brought in over the last 12 months who has done anything to merit a professional deal, never mind a bloody agents fee?

Unless I'm mistaken, we hardly fought off competition for the players we brought in.  So why were we willing to pay agents fees?  The line should have been to the player, either you pay the agent yourself (or ideally bin them off) otherwise we don't even talk.

Pathetic management of the club, once again.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
Cloudy
April 4, 2018, 9:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Probably paid agents fees to move on Osbourne, Clements and Jones!!!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
buckstown
April 4, 2018, 9:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,122
Gold Stars: 77
I think you're all misunderstanding the situation. The agents paid GTFC £42k to take the whole crock of sh!te. There's no other explanation surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
golfer
April 4, 2018, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Would bogle and Jones sales have anything to do with these figures ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
Mikey_345
April 4, 2018, 11:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,275
Gold Stars: 95
If anything the agents should have been paying us!!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
HertsGTFC
April 4, 2018, 4:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,649
Gold Stars: 217
It’s just the same as recruiting in the commercial world of you ask an agent (or consultant) to find you an employee you pay their fee, often 10 - 15% of annual basic or a pre agreed fixed fee.

Clearly from the crap we are carrying in the squad and the timing of his addictions Slade had no network to fall back on and had to pick the phone up to the blood sucking leaches who drain money from the game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
forza ivano
April 4, 2018, 7:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
How does it compare to the fees we paid in the previous hurst seasons?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
diehardmariner
April 5, 2018, 8:18am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It’s just the same as recruiting in the commercial world of you ask an agent (or consultant) to find you an employee you pay their fee, often 10 - 15% of annual basic or a pre agreed fixed fee.

Clearly from the crap we are carrying in the squad and the timing of his addictions Slade had no network to fall back on and had to pick the phone up to the blood sucking leaches who drain money from the game.

I think the issue isn't the fact we've paid out, sadly it's part and parcel of the game (although nice to see some clubs are bucking the trend).  The issue is that we've spent £42k on agent fees for absolute junk.  Whilst I would be annoyed, I wouldn't be as bothered if we had spent that money on good, effective signings.  You could argue that paying that money negates the need for a scouting network if that was the result.  However it just looks like Slade was very lazy in his recruitment and brought in either people he worked with before, people who Wilkinson had worked with before at Norwich or junk who couldn't get a deal elsewhere.  Hardly due diligence is it?  I'm angry with Slade but even more angry that Fenty has allowed it to happen.  I don't expect the chairman to interfere with transfers, but I do expect him to have a handle on what's happening and hold the manager to account.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2018, 8:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,649
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from diehardmariner

I think the issue isn't the fact we've paid out, sadly it's part and parcel of the game (although nice to see some clubs are bucking the trend).  The issue is that we've spent £42k on agent fees for absolute junk.  Whilst I would be annoyed, I wouldn't be as bothered if we had spent that money on good, effective signings.  You could argue that paying that money negates the need for a scouting network if that was the result.  However it just looks like Slade was very lazy in his recruitment and brought in either people he worked with before, people who Wilkinson had worked with before at Norwich or junk who couldn't get a deal elsewhere.  Hardly due diligence is it?  I'm angry with Slade but even more angry that Fenty has allowed it to happen.  I don't expect the chairman to interfere with transfers, but I do expect him to have a handle on what's happening and hold the manager to account.

I completely agree and am equally as p1sssed off with JF for allowing it to happen after allowing Bignot to bring numerous players in without shipping others out and inflating the wage bill to ridiculous levels.

Other than being his friend I am mystified to why JF ever re-appointed Slade

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
diehardmariner
April 5, 2018, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I completely agree and am equally as p1sssed off with JF for allowing it to happen after allowing Bignot to bring numerous players in without shipping others out and inflating the wage bill to ridiculous levels.

Other than being his friend I am mystified to why JF ever re-appointed Slade

The mirroring of the Bignot situation is the one that really, really annoys me.  Don't get me wrong, Bignot was a joke but the rope that Fenty hung him with was that he brought in too many players without offloading others.  Let's ignore the fact that Fenty will have sanctioned every single one of those signings, he then allowed Slade do to exactly the same thing.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.