Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why no Cardwell.???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 317 Guests

Why no Cardwell.???

This thread currently has 3,506 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
April 3, 2018, 2:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
Why is Cardwellnot getting a look in. I thought he had a good game against Exeter won the penalty.
At least he seems to try.!
Also DJ never gets a look in he also had a good game against Exeter.?
Logged Offline
Private Message
toontown
April 3, 2018, 2:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,260
Gold Stars: 70
Cardwell I agree with you, nearest thing to an assist from one of our forwards for a while isn't it? DJ I would disagree, even on the good day like v Exeter he didn't create a single chance. His record is appaling - 1 goal and zero assists isn't it. Absolutely no end product from him, people call Dembele for that but he has about 8 times as many goals/assists I believe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
arryarryarry
April 3, 2018, 2:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown
Cardwell I agree with you, nearest thing to an assist from one of our forwards for a while isn't it? DJ I would disagree, even on the good day like v Exeter he didn't create a single chance. His record is appaling - 1 goal and zero assists isn't it. Absolutely no end product from him, people call Dembele for that but he has about 8 times as many goals/assists I believe.

Erm, he got the penalty at Cambridge.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
diehardmariner
April 3, 2018, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,541
Gold Stars: 537
Got the penalty away at Mansfield too.

I reckon Dembele's probably played more than 8 times the amount of minutes that DJ has too.  Dembele hasn't produced anything in months.  He's not interested and isn't even trying to hide it.  He had one little spark on Friday and then went back into his shell.

For his lack of interest, the lad has been badly managed by the club, we've created this situation.  Unfortunately now isn't the time to rebuild his confidence/spark.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Chrisblor
April 3, 2018, 3:10pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,775
Gold Stars: 233
Won a penalty at Chesterfield on the opening day too. If you count winning penalties as assists he'd easily be topping our 'assists per 90 minutes' chart.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Paris Mariner
April 3, 2018, 3:47pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Having got the nod v Lincoln I am also surprised he has not been given another chance.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 15
Cloudy
April 3, 2018, 4:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Having got the nod v Lincoln I am also surprised he has not been given another chance.

He looked ok in his 45mins at Lincoln tbf, subbed off at h-t and never seen since?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
headingly_mariner
April 3, 2018, 6:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from diehardmariner
Got the penalty away at Mansfield too.

I reckon Dembele's probably played more than 8 times the amount of minutes that DJ has too.  Dembele hasn't produced anything in months.  He's not interested and isn't even trying to hide it.  He had one little spark on Friday and then went back into his shell.

For his lack of interest, the lad has been badly managed by the club, we've created this situation.  Unfortunately now isn't the time to rebuild his confidence/spark.

That’s way off for me. Dembele ran himself out on Friday. He looked our most likely and the only one with any quality to change a game. People completely discount he was playing with and then was out with a back injury.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
toontown
April 3, 2018, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,260
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Chrisblor
Won a penalty at Chesterfield on the opening day too. If you count winning penalties as assists he'd easily be topping our 'assists per 90 minutes' chart.

It was Cardwell that won that penalty against Chesterfield. Fair enough he has won the ones at cambridge and mansfield though. Telling that those assists (i would count them!) have come from errors by the opposition in tackling rather than a shot or pass from him. I still doubt he would be top of our assists per 90, don't know if its possible to find out.

For me he simply isnt the answer, even against Exeter, when he looked really good down the wing, he ultimately didnt deliver anything in the box.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
lowerfindus
April 3, 2018, 8:30pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Saw him play in the reserves recently and his touch was terrible, link up play also poor, didnt win a header, scored one but missed about 4 clear chances. He just is not what is required at the moment. I do hope we keep hold and look to develop him as he could come good with the right coaching.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why no Cardwell.???

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.