Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield Fans Forum on the Town Game
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 355 Guests

Chesterfield Fans Forum on the Town Game

This thread currently has 24,436 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
April 9, 2018, 1:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,548
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from ginnywings

Scunny and Huddersfield in the cup, and Wembley for me. That's it.

I hated non league with a passion.

Even those cup games made me embarrassed when I thought the national commentators were saying "non league Grimsby are giving it a go against...."

I hated speaking about football when outside of Grimsby it was so embarrassing. League football means everything to me.

The only really enjoyable day for me was the Wembley triumph and that was obviously because we got back.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 88
forza ivano
April 9, 2018, 2:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265

Even those cup games made me embarrassed when I thought the national commentators were saying "non league Grimsby are giving it a go against...."

I hated speaking about football when outside of Grimsby it was so embarrassing. League football means everything to me.

The only really enjoyable day for me was the Wembley triumph and that was obviously because we got back.

agree totally - plus those times when you met up with old mates and they asked how town were getting on, and then the killer question 'what division are they in now?'  
then there were the really, really krap players we had to put up with. remember anthony straker who lacked even the basic ability to cross a ball, despite being played as a wide player? just embarrassing and soul destroying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 88
Les Brechin
April 9, 2018, 3:01pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
2 minutes into the Bristol Rovers final was another time when I had that buzz!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 88
GrimRob
April 10, 2018, 5:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Interesting read in the local paper

Chants of ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ were aimed at the blue shirted losing side and the small number of players who did approach the away end were met with fury, only a small number of the faithful choosing to applaud. Whilst Chesterfield might not have deserved to lose this, their most important game, they didn’t do enough to win it – as has been the case in too many matches going back too long. The effort might not have been in question, but the application certainly was.

If you can’t beat a 10-man Vale who haven’t won in 2018, or score a goal against a Grimsby in apparent terminal decline, something is going wrong somewhere. The post-game debate was underway within a couple of minutes, Lester’s tactics and substitutions coming under fire, calls for the club legend’s departure creeping into the discussion for the first time. The warmest day of the year was a dark one for Chesterfield Football Club, its rookie manager and the huge travelling army. Its consequences won’t be known for a week or two but there could be even darker days ahead.

Read more at: https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.....to-grimsby-1-9105260

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 83 - 88
KingstonMariner
April 10, 2018, 6:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sounds all too familiar for comfort.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 88
RonMariner
April 11, 2018, 11:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,011
Gold Stars: 216
When you consider that their last three away games have been against Port Vale , us and Morcombe, and have yielded just a single point, it's not looking good for their remaining fixtures.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 88
Mrs Doyle
April 12, 2018, 4:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
They did well to come from behind against Morcombe that was real guttsy but to be honest only our performances matter now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 88
mariner91
April 29, 2018, 12:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Ipswin

I will certainly give Jolley every credit imaginable if we stay up (but surely that is why he was employed.) In fact I'll be flipping amazed as well as delighted to eat humble pie.

But if we don't I won't excuse his failure to keep us up by blaming Slade, Fenty (hopefully) appointed him to avoid relegation A more experienced 'relegation-fighter' might have been a better choice and yes, in that respect I will say 'I told you so' because I have advocated a more experienced hand from the start

This has aged well.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 88
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2018, 1:15am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Is he going to welch on the deal like Johnnie? At least eating humble pie is not as unpleasant as ticking a hot dog where the Sun doesn't shine  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield Fans Forum on the Town Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.