April 5, 2018, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Who did you expect Tony Pullis?

I wanted an experienced man who would win games and keep us up, not the Premier League's version of Russel Slade

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 88
Mariner_09
April 5, 2018, 10:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Thing is if we go down, that suggests that MJ wasn’t the right man and we should have signed a seasoned fire fighter but only one man is accountable for not doing so.

Still hoping that we win the next 2 games ans stay up giving MJ basically a clean slate for next season.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 88
Spireite1866
April 5, 2018, 10:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +101
Spireite here in peace.

I'm not normally one to visit opposing teams message boards but due to the gravity of Saturday's fixture, curiosity got the better of me.

It seems there's a club in as much turmoil, both on and off the pitch, as my own.

Off the pitch, we've been riddled with scandal and are constantly being told our debt is rising and the current owner, who wants nothing more to do with us, is being forced into chucking cash in every month just to keep us in business. We're not quite sure what happened to the substantial transfer fees received for Darikwa ( to Burnley ), Morsy ( to Barnsley ), Clucas ( Hull for 1.2m then sell on received from his 16m move to Swansea ), Doyle ( to Cardiff ), Cooper ( to Leeds ) plus Paul Cook compo when he left for Pompey. Need I go on? Our club has been stripped and is on a cliffs edge.

On the pitch. Not much better really. Jack Lester is a club legend but he's taken on one hell of a task.

We are certainly a side capable of some lovely football and we've got, arguably, the best goalscorer in the division. Dennis has the thick end of 20 goals this term in a struggling side.
On the flip side, we have the softest underbelly and we've been bullied out of games time and time again this year.
Injuries have been a huge part of our demise this season but we've shown no heart or desire on far too many occasions and I fear this could be the case Saturday.

I honestly think we are the only side on Saturday that is capable of winning the game but I know far too well that we are more than capable of losing the game by rolling over.

I cannot wish you well for Saturday but I genuinely do not wish to see Grimsby leave the league. I'd much rather be playing yourselves than the likes of Forest Green, Crawley and Yeovil.

Unfortunately I think it's us or you.

Whatever happens I wish GTFC all the best moving forward with sorting their club out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 88
KingstonMariner
April 5, 2018, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Spireite1866
Spireite here in peace.

I'm not normally one to visit opposing teams message boards but due to the gravity of Saturday's fixture, curiosity got the better of me.

It seems there's a club in as much turmoil, both on and off the pitch, as my own.

Off the pitch, we've been riddled with scandal and are constantly being told our debt is rising and the current owner, who wants nothing more to do with us, is being forced into chucking cash in every month just to keep us in business. We're not quite sure what happened to the substantial transfer fees received for Darikwa ( to Burnley ), Morsy ( to Barnsley ), Clucas ( Hull for 1.2m then sell on received from his 16m move to Swansea ), Doyle ( to Cardiff ), Cooper ( to Leeds ) plus Paul Cook compo when he left for Pompey. Need I go on? Our club has been stripped and is on a cliffs edge.

On the pitch. Not much better really. Jack Lester is a club legend but he's taken on one hell of a task.

We are certainly a side capable of some lovely football and we've got, arguably, the best goalscorer in the division. Dennis has the thick end of 20 goals this term in a struggling side.
On the flip side, we have the softest underbelly and we've been bullied out of games time and time again this year.
Injuries have been a huge part of our demise this season but we've shown no heart or desire on far too many occasions and I fear this could be the case Saturday.

I honestly think we are the only side on Saturday that is capable of winning the game but I know far too well that we are more than capable of losing the game by rolling over.

I cannot wish you well for Saturday but I genuinely do not wish to see Grimsby leave the league. I'd much rather be playing yourselves than the likes of Forest Green, Crawley and Yeovil.

Whatever happens I wish GTFC all the best moving forward with sorting their club out.

Cheers Spirerite. What about the cost of the new ground? Is that where all the money's gone?

When the season started and we saw our last game was against FGR we suspected it might be fateful. Just not this way. Shame we couldn't have been in the position to send them down.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 88
promotion plaice
April 5, 2018, 11:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Cheers Spirerite. What about the cost of the new ground? Is that where all the money's gone?

When the season started and we saw our last game was against FGR we suspected it might be fateful. Just not this way. Shame we couldn't have been in the position to send them down.

We can't even use that excuse  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 88
Spireite1866
April 5, 2018, 11:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +101
Quoted from KingstonMariner

We know about the cost of the stadium, or the reported cost anyway.

The problem is the debt is reportedly not being reduced at all and we can't make ends meet.

The transfer fees we've supposedly received in the past few seasons for our level of football is staggering. Clucas was 1.2m then a further 1.6m as the sell on from his move to Swansea, Morsy 500k, Darikwa 500k, Doyle 750k, Cooper 600k.

Add to this we have staged two sell out concerts of Elton John and Tom Jones.

Of course we will still have debts on the stadium but there appears to be a black hole and it's taken millions from our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 88
Badger57
April 6, 2018, 12:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Spireite1866
Spireite here in peace.

Ditto mate. 2 proper football teams who really shouldn't be in the situations we find ourselves in.  However, don't think you should be worried about being bullied by us as we are soft as excrement ourselves. We also fall into the trap of giving away ridiculously cheap free kicks in dangerous positions time after time after time and never seem to learn! Jack of course is a legend at BP too and if there was ever a player who could buy us a free kick or penalty when we needed one it was Jack so I'm pretty sure he's taught your lads a few tricks! I'll be surprised if we don't concede from needless situations on Saturday. Can't wish you good luck on Saturday obviously but I hope we both stay up and Barnet and Forest Green go down.  Here's hoping.     
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 88
Swansea_Mariner
April 6, 2018, 7:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Ipswin

I will certainly give Jolley every credit imaginable if we stay up (but surely that is why he was employed.) In fact I'll be flipping amazed as well as delighted to eat humble pie.

But if we don't I won't excuse his failure to keep us up by blaming Slade, Fenty (hopefully) appointed him to avoid relegation A more experienced 'relegation-fighter' might have been a better choice and yes, in that respect I will say 'I told you so' because I have advocated a more experienced hand from the start

You wanted Paul Harsley how is he an 'experienced hand'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 88
Ipswin
April 6, 2018, 8:41am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

You wanted Paul Harsley how is he an 'experienced hand'.

I've answered this excrement once but for the benefit of the thicko Welsh dwelling contingent who clearly have difficulty reading here it is just one more time:-

I only preferred Harsley to Jolley (I am not claiming he was in any way an 'experienced hand', although 500 plus professional appearances put Jolley's Barnsley Boys career in the shade) if Fenty was determined to commit relegation suicide by appointing a new inexperienced young manager.

My preferred choice would have been an established older Football League manager with experience in relegation battles, finishing bottom of the Swedish Premier League especially as that is where he started does not qualify.

If Jolley keeps us up I will be the first to eat humble pie but my concerns will remain about how he is going to fare next season with his own new squad. Even more worrying if he is managing in the National League

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 88
HertsGTFC
April 6, 2018, 9:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Ipswin

I've answered this excrement once but for the benefit of the thicko Welsh dwelling contingent who clearly have difficulty reading here it is just one more time:-

I only preferred Harsley to Jolley (I am not claiming he was in any way an 'experienced hand', although 500 plus professional appearances put Jolley's Barnsley Boys career in the shade) if Fenty was determined to commit relegation suicide by appointing a new inexperienced young manager.

My preferred choice would have been an established older Football League manager with experience in relegation battles, finishing bottom of the Swedish Premier League especially as that is where he started does not qualify.

If Jolley keeps us up I will be the first to eat humble pie but my concerns will remain about how he is going to fare next season with his own new squad. Even more worrying if he is managing in the National League

Why would an “established older Football league manager” come to GTFC to replace an “*established older football league manager” unless like the person they where replacing their career is in decline?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield Fans Forum on the Town Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.