moosey_club
April 2, 2018, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,240
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I get what you mean Moosey but a couple of weeks ago today would have been a 4 - 1, maybe bigger but the players had enough possession and a couple of decent opportunities to level the game.

For once everyone put a shift in which suggests MJ can get players engaged, personally for me it’s all coming 4 weeks too late.

from reports of those that went today it could easily have been 4 or bigger as well...Akinfenwa fluffing his lines on a couple of occassions and hitting the woodwork......i have seen us change slightly but we still cant take a chance and we still dont create anything like enough chances to give our 1 goal in every 8/9/10 chance players... are we saying 3 good chances today maybe ?  3 last week against Stevenage as well ....yet 1 goal to show...and thats following an improvement...but whatever Jolley is doing with the set piece defending isnt working ....if you play our recent goals against from Lincoln, Coventry, today there are some very similar goals.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2018, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club

from reports of those that went today it could easily have been 4 or bigger as well...Akinfenwa fluffing his lines on a couple of occassions and hitting the woodwork......i have seen us change slightly but we still cant take a chance and we still dont create anything like enough chances to give our 1 goal in every 8/9/10 chance players... are we saying 3 good chances today maybe ?  3 last week against Stevenage as well ....yet 1 goal to show...and thats following an improvement...but whatever Jolley is doing with the set piece defending isnt working ....if you play our recent goals against from Lincoln, Coventry, today there are some very similar goals.

I went today and yeah maybe we could have conceded more but we didn’t plus if you go away to 3rd in the league when you’re second from bottom there is always a chance that you’ll concede a few.

We created more chances today than in recent away games and arguably more than a lot of the “better” sides have done who have come to BP this season. We lack the quality to convert them but that’s Slade’s fault for signing Donkeys.

Yeah get what you mean about set pieces but that has been an issue with Town since Hurst was the manager and I think to expect MJ to change it in a few weeks might be too much to ask.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
RichMariner
April 2, 2018, 10:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from forza ivano

We collapsed atcrawley Cambridge Carlisle n Coventry.we didn't collapse here could easily got an equaliser in the 80 th n 90 th minute

Crawley
Cambridge
Carlisle
Coventry

Seems we only collapse against teams beginning with 'C'.

I hope to god the trend doesn't continue on Saturday!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
Marinerz93
April 2, 2018, 10:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Marinerz93, as you say anyone who goes is free to do what they want. However, imho you’d be hard pressed to pass yourself off as a supporter if one of the times the club truly needs your support you go with the intention of abusing either the players or the board at the first opportunity.

Save it for another time.

But if you do go, don't get at the players let Fenty and his yes men in the boardroom know how you feel and what you think about them.

Fenty and his yes men need to go, for all the mess he has caused you'd be hard pressed to pass yourself off as a fan being 3rd from bottom and accepting the state he has put the club in. I'm not talking about chanting or demonstrations, I'm talking about telling him he needs to go.

Fenty out and the yes men out!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
Mrs Doyle
April 3, 2018, 5:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I will be there until seasons end but this has been the worst season on and off the field in my 50 odd years of supporting GTFC.

I really do not think we will come back up again in my lifetime if we go down again, I already gave up on seeing us in a new stadium years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
Mariner_09
April 3, 2018, 8:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Realistically, Chesterfield and Barnet will both be feeling they absolutely have to beat us to stand a chance of staying up as well. Hoping that Chesterfield’s fixture pile up might just do for them. Having said that, we’ve not won for 20 games it looks a tall order to win to win 2 on the bounce and possibly one more at Forest Green. I’ve not given up hope but I’m not far off.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
cmackenzie4
April 3, 2018, 8:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
If we don’t win Saturday against our relegation rivals (at home) then we deserve to go down, this is a massive game for both teams.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
April 3, 2018, 2:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner_09
Realistically, Chesterfield and Barnet will both be feeling they absolutely have to beat us to stand a chance of staying up as well. Hoping that Chesterfield’s fixture pile up might just do for them. Having said that, we’ve not won for 20 games it looks a tall order to win to win 2 on the bounce and possibly one more at Forest Green. I’ve not given up hope but I’m not far off.

Yes.....but if we get the first one the second will come a lot more easily imho.

Think our season probably boils down to "Can we win next Saturday?"  
Reply: 47 - 56
RonMariner
April 3, 2018, 11:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,648
Gold Stars: 226
There are signs of improvement, and a narrow defeat away to the third place team is no disgrace.

But its some of the other games that we failed to win that have put us where we are.

We have all known for ages that it will come down to the next two games. We have to win them both. If we don't it's really game over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
SheepGTFC
April 4, 2018, 2:06am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +282
Gold Stars: 6
We're showing week on week improvement yet all anyone looks at is the results. It will come, have faith be patient and above all else support and don't give up. At this moment in time the thing the players need the most is us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To those who think we’re down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.