grimsby pete
April 2, 2018, 6:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from arryarryarry

I remember similar posts in 2010, there were plenty and some still post on here that buried their heads in Cleethorpes beach and said we would stay up.

I think many like me think we will go down ,

BUT

We are hoping we mange a couple of wins to survive,

Its only a slim chance but its the only chance we have.

Never give up until its mathmatical certain.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
Grim74
April 2, 2018, 6:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
We are as good as down the majority of these players are not on long contracts they stopped playing months ago, do you really think they will be bothered if we go down or not? We are just another team to them it's just another job, it's like me being told I'm getting made redundant next month and being expected to give a excrement!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
davmariner
April 2, 2018, 6:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Agree that anything is possible until it’s mathematically impossible, but it’s not looking great is it? I’m desperately disappointed for all Town fans at having to go through this again.

The common denominator during our troubled times is one Tory bloke whose ego is bigger than the North Sea and who doesn’t think anything is his fault. What sickens me is that he thinks he’s better than us, but without us John, GTFC would be nothing. Your incompetence has screwed us. You don’t deserve our support.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
monkeyboy
April 2, 2018, 6:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
we are only 1 win to put FGR and Morecombe is the brown runny stuff. not just a 3 horse race. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2018, 6:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
To be fair if we apply the effort and work rate we did today we should get a win on Saturday.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
cardiffmariner
April 2, 2018, 6:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,311
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry

I remember similar posts in 2010, there were plenty and some still post on here that buried their heads in Cleethorpes beach and said we would stay up.

Wow. Quite a number of assumptions being made there and you seem to have missed the point of my post.

I have a list as long as your arm of negative things I could say about the board, players, ex manager, PR team etc etc, and most definitely don’t have my head in the sand about the state of our club or the possibility of relegation. But bringing any of this to surface between 3pm and 4.45pm on Saturday isn’t going to help us avoid relegation one jot.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
Teesknees
April 2, 2018, 7:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from ginnywings
Newport saved themselves from a far worse situation last season. They were down until the 89th minute of the last game. It's not over until it's over.

Or it's not over until the fat lady sings.. who is this fat woman?!

We should find her and stop her singing!

Then we'll stay up!

PS maybe it's not PC to use the word "fat" now in relation to people.. we can't say anything that might offend anyone!!!..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
Mrs Doyle
April 2, 2018, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The fat cow's always singing when we are about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
TAGG
April 2, 2018, 7:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from cardiffmariner
There seem to be a number on here and my hope is you stay away from BP on Saturday and save your anger for another time.

It looks bleak but until the maths says we’re down I won’t accept it and hope the players won’t either. Saturday is massive and the club/team need every ounce of support and positivity we the fans can give to help us survive.

If you go with any other intention you may as well stand in with the Chesterfield fans and shout for them.

Will you be there???

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
jonnyboy82
April 2, 2018, 7:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
The fat cow's always singing when we are about.

Told the mrs to stay away from BP.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To those who think we’re down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.