6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
cardiffmariner
April 2, 2018, 5:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,293
Gold Stars: 23
There seem to be a number on here and my hope is you stay away from BP on Saturday and save your anger for another time.

It looks bleak but until the maths says we’re down I won’t accept it and hope the players won’t either. Saturday is massive and the club/team need every ounce of support and positivity we the fans can give to help us survive.

If you go with any other intention you may as well stand in with the Chesterfield fans and shout for them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2018, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
I get your point but it's pretty hard to be optimistic when you haven't won for 20 games - sorry if that appears negative!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
MarinerWY
April 2, 2018, 5:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I get your point but it's pretty hard to be optimistic when you haven't won for 20 games - sorry if that appears negative!

Definitely, what is flipping boring though is this forum after a defeat. 5-odd threads essentially saying the same things as soon as we lose - it's irrelevant, Fenty is not going to go between now and the end of the season, we all know what the general consensus of the handful who have their trigger-finger permanently set to 'post' is. To remind us of it constantly is boring but also entirely unproductive.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
cardiffmariner
April 2, 2018, 5:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Agree entirely OC and I’m can be equally negative about it all! My point is we need to shelve it at 3pm on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2018, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from MarinerWY

Definitely, what is flipping boring though is this forum after a defeat. 5-odd threads essentially saying the same things as soon as we lose - it's irrelevant, Fenty is not going to go between now and the end of the season, we all know what the general consensus of the handful who have their trigger-finger permanently set to 'post' is. To remind us of it constantly is boring but also entirely unproductive.

Maybe - just so frustrating from where we were a year ago. Inconsistent but a squad with potential to improve, now devoid of ability and confidence under the care of a newbie manager who has been thrown in at the deep end and clearly wasn't first choice.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
Marinerz93
April 2, 2018, 5:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from cardiffmariner
There seem to be a number on here and my hope is you stay away from BP on Saturday and save your anger for another time.

It looks bleak but until the maths says we’re down I won’t accept it and hope the players won’t either. Saturday is massive and the club/team need every ounce of support and positivity we the fans can give to help us survive.

If you go with any other intention you may as well stand in with the Chesterfield fans and shout for them.

The players seem to only be able of competing for 30 minutes so I don't buy into your hope of the players not giving up, they are losers and anyone who goes is entitled to their opinion and vent their anger if they so please.

But if you do go, don't get at the players let Fenty and his yes men in the boardroom know how you feel and what you think about them.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
Reverendmariner
April 2, 2018, 5:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
Let's not even get at the Board. next Saturday. The players, assuming that they care, will be nervous and will need total support, not a negative, angry atmosphere. There's an argument that some of them are not really bothered by the situation that we're in, but we got behind the team against Port Vale and got a draw . The same must happen next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
bradzmilne
April 2, 2018, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Desperately seeking for positives and I may have found one.

If (and granted it's a huge "if") we can beat Chesterfield. We'll be 7 points above them with them having 3 games in hand.

With those games in hand, realistically it's incredibly unlikely for chesterfield to pick up 7 points from 9 when the games in hand are; Morecambe away, Exeter away and Newport home.

There's life in the old girl yet...

Just not much. UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
cardiffmariner
April 2, 2018, 5:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Marinerz93, as you say anyone who goes is free to do what they want. However, imho you’d be hard pressed to pass yourself off as a supporter if one of the times the club truly needs your support you go with the intention of abusing either the players or the board at the first opportunity.

Save it for another time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
headingly_mariner
April 2, 2018, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
A win on Saturday would be huge. One that we really can’t lose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To those who think we’re down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.