Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolly is out of his depth.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 298 Guests

Jolly is out of his depth.

This thread currently has 13,149 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Yoda
April 4, 2018, 8:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
No i didn’t go listened onRadio humberside to Burnsy and Clive Wiggington.
Clive at one point said jesus to one of summerfield shots , he made some very valid observations to say he doesn’t watch us every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
diehardmariner
April 4, 2018, 8:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from oldun
McAllister hardly played when he was out on loan, so clearly something not right. 4 Different managers cannot be wrong.

You say that but Hurst picked him for the first two games before he got injured, within two months Hurst was then at another club.

Bignot and Slade were wrong about many, many things.  Especially when it came to players.  When on loan at York, McAllister started four games and made on appearance from the bench, I think he was only there for five games.  

For his age McAllister hasn't played much football at all, I think it's very fair to say that there is an issue with injuries and how soon he will break down again.  Maybe that's bad luck, maybe it's psychological as I got the impression previously that the club were struggling to diagnose the problem - reminded me of the Gary Cohen situation.  But he is a good player, a very good player at this level.  He was Scunthorpe's Player of the Year when they won promotion from this league.   You only had to watch him at Coventry to see how he influences the game.  He anticipates whereas our other midfielders react, considering he's not played for however many months he looked plenty sharp enough until fatigue kicked in and he's actually capable of putting his foot on the ball and controlling the play, rather than taking the first easy pass (which often puts a defender under pressure to hit it long) or going long himself.  

If we had a glut of quality midfielders ahead of him, fine.  There would be no questions asked.  But the fact of the matter is that of the other midfielders the only two I would want anywhere near the squad are Luke Summerfield, who for all his graft and effort this year has shone because he actually looks like he cares and Harry Clifton, who again hasn't really done much in his limited appearances but looks so much more likely to do something than the two jokers in Rose and Berrett, who offer absolutely nothing.  Rose has been protected by his goals somewhat but after his indiscipline at Yeovil should never have played for the club again.  Berrett, I'm actually struggling to think of a positive contribution from bar his goal against Port Vale.  For a guy who's played most the season that's dreadful.  I can't even say he's one of those players who you don't notice until they don't play.

Ultimately, I would really like to know the real reason why McAllister isn't selected.  Jolley states it's not injury but I cannot believe any sane manager would select Rose or Berrett over him.  If there's an issue with him as an individual then lets pay the last few months of his contract up and be done with it.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
mariner91
April 4, 2018, 9:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Yoda
No i didn’t go listened onRadio humberside to Burnsy and Clive Wiggington.
Clive at one point said jesus to one of summerfield shots , he made some very valid observations to say he doesn’t watch us every week.

Oh well, sack Jolley now then because if the players he didn't sign are taking shite shots then he must be a useless manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
Northbank Mariner
April 4, 2018, 9:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Yoda
I’m sorry to say Jolly has not got clue second half again nothing.
He’s made us worse than Wilko and Sludge.

Could not disagree with that sentiment anymore than i disagree with pineapple on pizza!!

The one thing i noticed on Friday(can`t comment on Mondays performance as i was kept at home by she who cracks the whip) was a determination, a steeliness, a desire to not go down like a punctured bike tyre!..the players were,for once this season, putting their bodies on the line to stop Steveneage in the box, Zak Mills ran his heart out covering where other defenders had lefts space, Danny Collins, who has no pace, tackled so intelligently against much quicker opposition.
So to say we`ve got worse is so far from the truth you`ll be believing man walked on the moon next!..
The one thing i will say about Jolley is he seems to be able to into players mindset, hopefully he can turn all the positives we have seen so far under his short tenure into a winning performance on Saturday.
Keep the faith and UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
Swansea_Mariner
May 5, 2018, 4:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Lol 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
ROKERITE
May 5, 2018, 5:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Lol 😂

Yes, but just think if you'd appointed Phil Brown

and then smile.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
rancido
May 5, 2018, 5:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
I think it's more a case of Yoda doesn't have a clue about football managers! He could be a WUM but either way he's made himself look a complete tool!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolly is out of his depth.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.