Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolly is out of his depth.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 138 Guests

Jolly is out of his depth.

This thread currently has 13,113 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
April 3, 2018, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,068
Gold Stars: 518
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I get your frustration in fact like many others I share it. Who do you think would have realistically come to GTFC to give us “bounce”. Indeed if someone came in short term that would have meant another re-start in May and potentially leaving us chasing our tails to put a squad together in time for August. Regardless of what league we are in next year we need a big, big re-build, at least MJs in place to start when the last game ends.

Yep, I get that.  We can't keep thinking of the next five minutes only.  Because ultimately it's that attitude that has cost us and left us in this position.  In complete honesty I'm not sure who would come in and who we would be able to get.  I don't know who's available, willing etc.  But then I would expect the guy who took charge of the recruitment to have done all that.  I'm not saying him but someone like Ronnie Moore for the bounce he got at Hartlepool a few years back.  I said once Slade was dismissed I wanted an experienced fire-fighter for the rest of the season, a young progressive manager (someone like Jolley) observing with the clear mandate that he would take over in the summer and then install this philosophy.  The problem we have is Jolley is learning as he's going, we don't have the time to afford him that.  I'm not even sure this is a great environment to learn in.

Quoted from HertsGTFC

Re selection they have been pretty conservative but Mills is getting a run, RHB started yesterday, Clifton has had a couple of starts and despite having some pace Harry Cardwell has failed to make an impact. I would like to have see DJ and Suliman get more game time under both MJ and Slade.

On paper McAlister should be one of our best mid fielders but as he’s only played a handful of games since Aug 16 is he really the answer I’m not sure we’ve seen enough of him in a GTFC shirt to say.

Overall the squad lacks quality from top to bottom and whoever comes in is in reality only placing like with like.

Not saying McAllister is the answer.  Long term there's something not right.  Be it his attitude, his ability to stay fit or whatever.  But from the limited games I've seen of him and (unfortunately) the considerable games I've seen Rose and Berrett play in a GTFC shirt, I can quite comfortably say he's better than them by some distance.  Got to play your best players.

I agree the quality is lacking, that's evident and no-one could deny that.  But I'm not sure on the like with like.  A midfield containing McAllister, Clifton and DJ certainly offers a lot more than one that has Rose, Berrett and Woolford in.

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 3, 2018, 4:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
I’m 100% sure that MJ was an appointment for next season regardless of what level we are playing at. If (when) we go down though he’d be well served by replacing Wilco with an assistant who really knows that league.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
oldun
April 3, 2018, 4:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
McAllister hardly played when he was out on loan, so clearly something not right. 4 Different managers cannot be wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
HertsGTFC
April 3, 2018, 4:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from oldun
McAllister hardly played when he was out on loan, so clearly something not right. 4 Different managers cannot be wrong.

To be fair due to injury he wasn’t available that much under Hurst and Bignot but Slade should have used him more when he got fit again.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
GTFCChris
April 3, 2018, 5:41pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +36
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending.  anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Meza
April 3, 2018, 7:22pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,633
Gold Stars: 50
Do you think with players being on their last year as well as being on loan actually care?

I wonder if all the negativity surrounding Town whether it be Bra Gate, Fans Forum and everything else thats gone one has affected the players cos, it shouldn't their professionals, but they are also human beings with feelings etc. I think the majority may think they will not be here next season and are probably only giving 70%, were as players like Clifton would give 110%.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
Northbank Mariner
April 3, 2018, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Just one question....did he not try to do the same thing in Sweden?....take over a failing club, turned their style of play around slightly, get a couple of good results but ultimately the team got relegated??..then walked at the end of the season.??..so on that basis why are we making assumptions he will be here next season?...maybe 2 cracks of the same whip could finish his hopes of managerial success or maybe he rolls his sleeves up, gets dirty with GTFC and proves he has what he takes to turn a crock of doodoo into a top of the table world beaters...Championship in 5 years according to Mr Day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
Theimperialcoroner
April 3, 2018, 10:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Did you go yesterday Yoda?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
topuphere666
April 4, 2018, 7:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GrimRob
Slade averaged 1.0 points per game, Jolley is on 0.4, but he'll draw level with Slade if we beat Chesterfield.

Until Jolley gets a few more games under his belt and recruits his own players, the jury will still be out.

To my mind, half the job of being a coach these days is recruitment, as the turnover of players at this level is so great. You don't have time to spend years working with people. PH is probably not a great coach, but he knows a good player and more importantly can persuade them to sign for him.

There must be something about Ph, whether it’s coaching or man management because he’s had a few players follow him throughout his managerial career.

Pearson, Macca from Boston to us, then his current lot at Shrewsbury from us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
diehardmariner
April 4, 2018, 8:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,068
Gold Stars: 518
Quoted from topuphere666

There must be something about Ph, whether it’s coaching or man management because he’s had a few players follow him throughout his managerial career.

Pearson, Macca from Boston to us, then his current lot at Shrewsbury from us.

Even Henderson, who didn't get a sniff under Hurst here but was willing to turn down other clubs to work under him again.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolly is out of his depth.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.