Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolly is out of his depth.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 181 Guests

Jolly is out of his depth.

This thread currently has 13,152 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
April 2, 2018, 7:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,147
Gold Stars: 265
Yoda you're talking complete Shiite.what more could he have done in that second half? He stuck 3 attacking players on as soon as we conceded.we are better organisers and have more heart but as others have said we just aren't good enough.we give the ball away  too easily give away too many cheap fouls and so many times we done even clear the ball away cleanly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
jonnyboy82
April 2, 2018, 7:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from golfer
I've made up my mind-if Berretts playing next week I am not going. I cannot think of one match where he has contributed to a winning side. He is absolutely dire and I can't stand watching his mediocre performances anymore

Well you got saturday free next week then.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
Yoda
April 2, 2018, 7:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
It’s the managers fault we give away to many fouls where is the discipline.
We always hack the ball away never play out how many times do the opposition get the ball straight back and attack again.
Our attack consists of aimlessly lumping the ball into the box.
I know we have poor players but he could make us hard to beat but we are not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
mariner91
April 2, 2018, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,592
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Yoda
It’s the managers fault we give away to many fouls where is the discipline.
We always hack the ball away never play out how many times do the opposition get the ball straight back and attack again.
Our attack consists of aimlessly lumping the ball into the box.
I know we have poor players but he could make us hard to beat but we are not.

Aye I'm sure he says before kick off "James, make sure you're late to every tackle, I want you constantly giving free kicks away in dangerous places". Give over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
chaos33
April 2, 2018, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Reverendmariner
A lot of the criticism of James Berrett is justified, but it would be ironic if the point won by his goal against Port Vale kept us up.

Yes. Wouldn't it be ironic and brilliant if his 1 goal this season kept us up!
Where would we be without his massive contribution over two seasons I dread to think. Oh the assists......the crucial game winning strikes, the brilliant defensive play, breaking up attacks, defence splitting passes, running game after game, bossing his opponent. Yes, he and Clarke and Vernon and Matt and Hooper and Dixon and Rose....have done us proud and no mistake.
I shall definitely continue to show up game after game and get behind the lads. We are the twelfth man y'know at fortress BP.

Pack of losers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
oldun
April 2, 2018, 8:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
MJ is not out of his depth, but his squad is stuck on a sandbank.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
grimsbybrown
April 2, 2018, 8:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2

From what I can see, Jolley has a plan, I can see what he is trying to do - and the team are responding.
I think he'll be good long term.

We can all see he doesn't have the quality in the players - so let's just hope until he builds his own team he's 'lucky'...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
ginnywings
April 2, 2018, 11:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33

Yes. Wouldn't it be ironic and brilliant if his 1 goal this season kept us up!
Where would we be without his massive contribution over two seasons I dread to think. Oh the assists......the crucial game winning strikes, the brilliant defensive play, breaking up attacks, defence splitting passes, running game after game, bossing his opponent. Yes, he and Clarke and Vernon and Matt and Hooper and Dixon and Rose....have done us proud and no mistake.
I shall definitely continue to show up game after game and get behind the lads. We are the twelfth man y'know at fortress BP.

Pack of losers.

Exactly. Berrett is the kiss of death and has made a career out of being in relegated sides. I think i'm right in saying that every club he has played for since he left Huddersfield as a youngster have been relegated. Carlisle, Yeovil and York have had the Berrett effect and it looks like he is going for a full house here. He is a born loser, like so many of our side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
louth_in_the_south
April 2, 2018, 11:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Jolley out of his depth ffs ?! He’s only been here 5 minutes . There’s no way anyone could of worked him out yet .

On the other hand Fentys been here 15 years .....

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
GrimRob
April 2, 2018, 11:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
Slade averaged 1.0 points per game, Jolley is on 0.4, but he'll draw level with Slade if we beat Chesterfield.

Until Jolley gets a few more games under his belt and recruits his own players, the jury will still be out.

To my mind, half the job of being a coach these days is recruitment, as the turnover of players at this level is so great. You don't have time to spend years working with people. PH is probably not a great coach, but he knows a good player and more importantly can persuade them to sign for him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolly is out of his depth.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.