Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolly is out of his depth.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 175 Guests

Jolly is out of his depth.

This thread currently has 13,151 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
April 2, 2018, 5:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The players aren't doing the basics, when we clear the ball it 100% of the time comes straight back, do they learn from that, no, more of the same poor football, how many times has a Town player had time to control the ball but resorts to lumping it forward, Slade and Fenty has saddled this club with poor players.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 2, 2018, 5:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,684
Gold Stars: 73
I asked the question after Saturday’s game as to why we are particularly poor in the second half which has to be down to fitness and pressure, not fit enough and simply cannot handle pressure.

Not sure I have ever seen a team that concedes so many free kicks in their own half as our current motley crew.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
Roast Em Bobby
April 2, 2018, 5:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 44
I wasn’t one of those pushing for Jolley to be manager, but I don’t think he is a bullshitter or out of his depth. I think he has improved us slightly and I still hold out some hope. I’ll reserve my judgement of him until Christmas time.

Can people let the McAllister thing go, there is clearly something that has stopped three different managers from playing him. My guess is that he’s constantly telling managers that he’s not fit to play or has got a niggle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
arryarryarry
April 2, 2018, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I asked the question after Saturday’s game as to why we are particularly poor in the second half which has to be down to fitness and pressure, not fit enough and simply cannot handle pressure.

Not sure I have ever seen a team that concedes so many free kicks in their own half as our current motley Berrett.

Amended for you.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
MarinerWY
April 2, 2018, 5:33pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Jolley isn't a miracle worker. I'd say he's slightly improved us which is something given the quality of players and shattered confidence Slade is responsible for.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
gary_elton
April 2, 2018, 5:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Mr Jolley isn't out of his depth at all... he has simply
inherited a crock of shite... no matter what league we are in next season... if he stays I see a big turn around of staff and a vast improvement.... it simply cannot be as bad as this again...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
Reverendmariner
April 2, 2018, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
Like a lot of people, I believed and still believe that if we beat two poor sides in Chesterfield and Barnet, we will stay up. It's galling to lose today after having been in front, but realistically I didn't expect to even draw today. Whatever League we're in next season, Michael Jolley's biggest test will be in attracting decent players over the summer to a club in crisis.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
RoboCod
April 2, 2018, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The slight improvements are there, a good first half and a clean sheet Saturday (but no 3 points due to a dismal forward line), a good first half today but no points due to dismal finishing again.
The pattern is there for encouraging first halves, the obviously weak strength in numbers of our squad tells the story once again as we can't make subs without weakening the team.
Rose simply has to hit the target from there, I'm bewildered as to the Berrett situation like everyone and Matt....did I read that he burst into their box in the 90th and fluffed the chance after STANDING ON THE BALL?!
I can accept snatched chances missed, or last ditch tackles denying us but clowning around with this standard of error ridden basic ball control is unacceptable. I'm taking those couple of minor positives I mentioned but I'd like some more, namely that some of these players on show today won't be playing again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
Mrs Doyle
April 2, 2018, 6:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
it was always going to be down to the Chesterfield and Barnet home games. Chesterfield game will be a full house no place for the faint heated no good parking the friggin bus either. This match could also be the final straw for some of our hot heads fans .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
arryarryarry
April 2, 2018, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from psgmariner
He’s brought in Fox and so has improved the left back weakness we had. Other than that...

He could have brought in my wife and she would have improved the left back weakness.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolly is out of his depth.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.