headingly_mariner
April 2, 2018, 7:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from mariner91

My proposal would be that John Fenty accept he's made an almighty clusterfuck (good choice of word whoever suggested it yesterday) and walks away. If he had any dignity he'd accept that he's not getting the money back for his loans and that ultimately he has cost the club far more over the years anyway so why should he? He claims he loves the club but if he really did he'd forget about his money because it's been dragging the club down for well over a decade now and sometimes you have to bite the bullet, accept you've made mistakes and pay the price.

We don't know who is out there who might be interested in running the club but I'd take a board of enthusiastic amateurs any day over a board of dinosaurs who have proven unequivocally that they are unable and unfit to run this once great football club. One thing is for sure and that is that nobody wants to work with Fenty and nobody can whilst he's holding all the cards. And nobody is willing to pay back Fenty's loans for a club that he has mismanaged for 14 years so that it's in the worst shape it has ever been in.

Like I said the other day, this is all hypothetical because for somebody to walk away like Fenty should would require them to have some humility and dignity. Instead he's a control freak who has a narcissistic personality disorder. The only way we'll get rid of him is to stay away from matches and sadly that will also damage the club further. Keep supporting the team this season as they need us but long term we need a regime change because it cannot go on like this any longer.

That should be post of the week. He should recognise that his presence is going to keep people away and leave in the best interests of the club. Writing his loans off is a must, any hope or thought that he deserves them back is surely gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 62
wigworld
April 2, 2018, 7:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
To be honest, if I was able to, I would have given up on Town 8 years ago, after the first relegation.
As miserable as things are, I don't think I could do it if I tried.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 62
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2018, 7:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
My other thought was in reality what does JF actually do on a day to day basis at the club? He certainly isn't sweeping the stands and painting the dressing rooms?.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
TAGG
April 2, 2018, 7:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
How can anyone red cross that don't tell me some people STILL support Fenty?

Yes there are.
Thay are along with his massive ego why Fenty won't admit what he's done to our club and do the honourable thing and intercourse off.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 62
TAGG
April 2, 2018, 7:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

Good luck with that.
The majority have and will in the future turn up and back the team.

Give your head a wobble.
If we go down I doubt if STs reach 500 if we stay up and Fenty hasn't copulated of I doubt it would be much more than that.
Some people just can't see what's in front of em 😞

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
Stadium
April 2, 2018, 7:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from TAGG

Give your head a wobble.
If we go down I doubt if STs reach 500 if we stay up and Fenty hasn't copulated of I doubt it would be much more than that.

I can see exactly what's in front.
Like other posters have stated including myself the only way JF will leave if people vote with their feet and demonstrate.
Unfortunately I can't see that happening enough to influence his departure.
500 really???
How many St's were sold last time we dropped down?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 62
forza ivano
April 2, 2018, 7:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from TAGG

Give your head a wobble.

And let's be honest although it would hurt the team and give jolley even more problem s we all know that it is the only course of action which will affect fenty and the board. I did suggest before that there should be a petition from season ticket holders which will say that they would only renew season tickets if the board stepped down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
Stadium
April 2, 2018, 8:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

And let's be honest although it would hurt the team and give jolley even more problem s we all know that it is the this course of action which will affect fenty and the board. I did suggest before that there should be a petition from season ticket holders which will say that they would only renew season tickets if the board stepped down

Good idea.
More the merrier.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 62
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2018, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,881
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from forza ivano

And let's be honest although it would hurt the team and give jolley even more problem s we all know that it is the only course of action which will affect fenty and the board. I did suggest before that there should be a petition from season ticket holders which will say that they would only renew season tickets if the board stepped down

Bring it on - put my name ( I buy 3 season tickets) at the top of the list.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
TAGG
April 2, 2018, 8:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

I can see exactly what's in front.
Like other posters have stated including myself the only way JF will leave if people vote with their feet and demonstrate.
Unfortunately I can't see that happening enough to influence his departure.
500 really???
How many St's were sold last time we dropped down?

That was then.
Because Fenty is taking us that way again he will not be forgiven and people are just drunk off with everything that has gone on with our club over the Fenty years.

No way will I buy a ST next season(same with all the gang I go with) league or non league if Fentys still there or has any say in what goes on at BP.

If we go down I will watch my non league footy elsewhere.
I will buy a ST at Clee Town £100
I would rather watch local lads giving it there all rather than wages thief journeyman at BP.

This is what Fenty has done to a bloke who has supported Town since 1969

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No matter what happens

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.