promotion plaice
April 2, 2018, 6:58pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Stadium

Good luck with that.
The majority have and will in the future turn up and back the team.

I think Mr Fenty could be in for a shock next season.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
Stadium
April 2, 2018, 6:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from headingly_mariner

There we have what?

People can support the club but not the regime. People have been fed that much bullshit about their being no alternative to Fenty that quite a few believe it. Now many are starting to they’d rather take their chances without him.

Are you a Fenty fan?

So how do you propose a regime change?
Ideas please...
Refer to post 21.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
headingly_mariner
April 2, 2018, 7:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from bax

If the board resigned (and left) and the loans were written off I believe plenty of people would step forward. They may not have the money of a JF, but people would step forward.

100% agree. The fans should be pushing for the loans to be written off and the board to walk away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2018, 7:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I don't disagree but what we need is people with real expertise and experience replacing the current "gang of 4" is not a job for enthusiastic amateurs.

I talk to an 'enthusiastic amateur' on Newport's board on a regular basis - I know you can't replace money but enthusiasm, commitment and a love for a football club are doing a pretty reasonable job down there.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
ackomariner
April 2, 2018, 7:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I talk to an 'enthusiastic amateur' on Newport's board on a regular basis - I know you can't replace money but enthusiasm, commitment and a love for a football club are doing a pretty reasonable job down there.

Doing an ok job at Wycombe too...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
Cloudy
April 2, 2018, 7:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You never mentioned it

I actually agree with you. Most Directors are 'amateurs' in that they don't have a football background but what we could have are a few local guys who have some experience in PR, running a business that knows how to sell it wares rather than a fish merchant and a couple of blokes whose customers come to them.

If JSF wrote of his loans and a consortium could buy out his shares they would have my total support. As it stands whatever division we are in next season I've had enough after 50+ years attending BP. I will not renew my season ticket if Fenty is still involved
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
mariner91
April 2, 2018, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,564
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Stadium

So how do you propose a regime change?
Ideas please...
Refer to post 21.

My proposal would be that John Fenty accept he's made an almighty clusterfuck (good choice of word whoever suggested it yesterday) and walks away. If he had any dignity he'd accept that he's not getting the money back for his loans and that ultimately he has cost the club far more over the years anyway so why should he? He claims he loves the club but if he really did he'd forget about his money because it's been dragging the club down for well over a decade now and sometimes you have to bite the bullet, accept you've made mistakes and pay the price.

We don't know who is out there who might be interested in running the club but I'd take a board of enthusiastic amateurs any day over a board of dinosaurs who have proven unequivocally that they are unable and unfit to run this once great football club. One thing is for sure and that is that nobody wants to work with Fenty and nobody can whilst he's holding all the cards. And nobody is willing to pay back Fenty's loans for a club that he has mismanaged for 14 years so that it's in the worst shape it has ever been in.

Like I said the other day, this is all hypothetical because for somebody to walk away like Fenty should would require them to have some humility and dignity. Instead he's a control freak who has a narcissistic personality disorder. The only way we'll get rid of him is to stay away from matches and sadly that will also damage the club further. Keep supporting the team this season as they need us but long term we need a regime change because it cannot go on like this any longer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2018, 7:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,871
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Who mentioned money? I just said experience and expertise. Sorting the fcuk up Fenty, Marley, Day and the invisible race horse trainer have caused will be a full time job for a very long time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
ackomariner
April 2, 2018, 7:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from mariner91

My proposal would be that John Fenty accept he's made an almighty clusterfuck (good choice of word whoever suggested it yesterday) and walks away. If he had any dignity he'd accept that he's not getting the money back for his loans and that ultimately he has cost the club far more over the years anyway so why should he? He claims he loves the club but if he really did he'd forget about his money because it's been dragging the club down for well over a decade now and sometimes you have to bite the bullet, accept you've made mistakes and pay the price.

We don't know who is out there who might be interested in running the club but I'd take a board of enthusiastic amateurs any day over a board of dinosaurs who have proven unequivocally that they are unable and unfit to run this once great football club. One thing is for sure and that is that nobody wants to work with Fenty and nobody can whilst he's holding all the cards. And nobody is willing to pay back Fenty's loans for a club that he has mismanaged for 14 years so that it's in the worst shape it has ever been in.

Like I said the other day, this is all hypothetical because for somebody to walk away like Fenty should would require them to have some humility and dignity. Instead he's a control freak who has a narcissistic personality disorder. The only way we'll get rid of him is to stay away from matches and sadly that will also damage the club further. Keep supporting the team this season as they need us but long term we need a regime change because it cannot go on like this any longer.

Great post...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2018, 7:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,871
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from mariner91

Two things spring to mind,

1. He has more chance of actually getting money back if he left, the fresh energy of new leadership would drive more income.

2. In reality this club is not and investment opportunity as the ROI opportunity is low so some kind of supporters board thing might be the only way.

Lets hope it's soon as if we go down with the current board in place it will be curtains for the club as we know it.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No matter what happens

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.