3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
April 2, 2018, 4:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Thing is though im not even bothered anymore , jolley gave me hope but looks like hes bignot in disguise , fentys just an absolute dictator and we have a team full of wasters.

Acceptance has set in that this club is just a joke from top to bottom , we were that desperate the majority were willing a bloke who has never managed in english football and has a university degree to get the job on the back of a youtube video.

This team and club infuriates me , its the hope that kills you but in reality its the penny pinching and ridiculous decisions thats cost us and you know what one man has to live with that not me.

Simply not in the slighest good enough to survive and no matter how you want to dress it up 20 games without a win is just embarrassing , these players are spineless and the club in a whole is spineless.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chrisblor
April 2, 2018, 5:04pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
I wouldn't be getting on Jolley's back. Everyone might have been annoyed when the team was announced, but tactically it turned out to be spot on. We lost today because of the players who couldn't avoid giving stupid free-kicks away around the edge of the box, and their complete inability to defend set pieces. McKeown tried his best and made about 3 world-class saves, but what's he or Jolley meant to do when the rest of the team can't manage even the very basics of defending?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
arryarryarry
April 2, 2018, 5:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
I hope MJ doesn't come out with more bullshit and just says it as it is
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
chicaneuk
April 2, 2018, 5:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Sorry mate but this is nonsense. We lead the game for the first half and ultimately gave a fairly good account of ourselves.

I'm not disputing we're in the excrement and we need some results desperately now but we didn't give a bad account of ourselves today and in isolation, if the situation weren't so dire, we probably would have expected this (or worse) result.

No disrespect but sheer desperation and frustration with our position is making some posters on here lose their grip on reality, in terms of managing expectations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
lew chaterleys lover
April 2, 2018, 5:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Thing is though im not even bothered anymore , jolley gave me hope but looks like hes bignot in disguise , fentys just an absolute dictator and we have a team full of wasters.

Acceptance has set in that this club is just a joke from top to bottom , we were that desperate the majority were willing a bloke who has never managed in english football and has a university degree to get the job on the back of a youtube video.

This team and club infuriates me , its the hope that kills you but in reality its the penny pinching and ridiculous decisions thats cost us and you know what one man has to live with that not me.

Simply not in the slighest good enough to survive and no matter how you want to dress it up 20 games without a win is just embarrassing , these players are spineless and the club in a whole is spineless.

I thought you were screaming for Jolley to be given the job? I thought you were over the moon with his appointment? The rest I agree with.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
jonnyboy82
April 2, 2018, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Chrisblor
I wouldn't be getting on Jolley's back. Everyone might have been annoyed when the team was announced, but tactically it turned out to be spot on. We lost today because of the players who couldn't avoid giving stupid free-kicks away around the edge of the box, and their complete inability to defend set pieces. McKeown tried his best and made about 3 world-class saves, but what's he or Jolley meant to do when the rest of the team can't manage even the very basics of defending?

Well how do you work that out ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Ipswin
April 2, 2018, 5:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry
I hope MJ doesn't come out with more bullshit and just says it as it is

He will and he won't

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Yoda
April 2, 2018, 5:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Jolly will come out with the positives from the match. Rubbish he’s out of his depth totally.
He’s Nigel Adkins without the talent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
MidnightMariner
April 2, 2018, 5:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +574
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

He will and he won't

CLEARLY ! 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2018, 5:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Yoda
Jolly will come out with the positives from the match. Rubbish he’s out of his depth totally.
He’s Nigel Adkins without the talent.

He can't work miracles. He's inherited a squad of journeymen put together by an out-of-date manager for an obsolete board.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hopeless from top to bottom

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.