4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
April 2, 2018, 6:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
We haven’t got a prayer of beating Chesterfield Barnet and FGR.
What win three out of the last 5 after 20 and 0 wins, ha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
Grim74
April 2, 2018, 7:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Need to unsettle the chesterfield team somehow to give us an advantage, the smack heads down Freemo wouldn't want much to brick the team coach but then again they'd probably miss 😂

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2018, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Stadium

That's fine then.
Let the 5000+ who will attend support and back the team.
Tell me again how did the protest go last time?

I support Grimsby Town Football Club - have done since long before this dismal regime and pray to whoever that there will still be a Grimsby Town when they choose to vacate the premises. I will back the team whenever and wherever but when this season ticket expires, I will not buy another until the board have gone.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
lukeo
April 3, 2018, 8:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
1 1 for what it's worth

4,100 home fans, 1,780 away fans.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
April 3, 2018, 8:27am
Guest User
We have to get down to BP and raise the roof. We certainly aren't down, if we can beat a poor Chesterfield side who have only won 9 games all season and got beat last time out by a team with ten men for the majority of the second half then we've a huge chance. Barnet are arguably worse and got tonked 4-1 yesterday.

We have shown signs of improvement, we have four points more than Chesterfield, we just need to get over the line somehow, anyhow then we can start again. But we've a proper manager this time.
Reply: 24 - 39
The_Chief
April 3, 2018, 8:54am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +302
Ha. Whilst I admit there's always a glimmer of hope.  The fact that we haven't won in nigh on 20 games and now people are thinking we can win two on the bounce, when we haven't won once in the last 20.  I don't see it happening.  I hope I am wrong.   Embarrassingly to say, WE are the worst team in the league, ok, may be not in league table position  (ha if there were 10 more games to play I'm sure we could "win" that accolade), but on recent form, slide and momentum... that's what counts.

People are talking about seeing shoots of recovery and signs of improvement?  I guess a 2-1 loss at Wycombe is marginally better than a 4-0 thumping at Coventry.  But our goal was peppered again and Macca kept the score down by several very good saves.  It's like a shooting gallery for the poor sodomist.  At least it's putting his value up a bit.

Again, we play well for 30 minutes and fell apart.  How on earth can these so-called footballers not have enough in the tank for 90 minutes?  At a crappy level called League two.  Sadly, a football game is 90 + minutes.  Moreover, I couldn't give a stuff how we play at this part of the season: it's results driven.

We couldn't even beat Stevenage at home - a team that has nothing to play for.  Now we are expecting us to beat Chesterfield ?? They will be up for it, more than our sorry shower.  Sweet mother of Mary, all they need to do is keep us at bay for 30 minutes (which let's face it is urine easy) and then we will roll over and the floodgates will open for them (probably around the 65 min+ mark).  They only need to engineer cheap free kicks/corners and we'll fall apart like a house of cards.

Sadly when you score 0.5-1 goals a game and ship at least 2 goals in recent matches it doesn't look good.

If Chesterfield get a win and a draw against us and Barnet we are staring into the abyss.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
1mickylyons
April 3, 2018, 9:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
If we lose on Saturday all hell will be unleashed and I fear for what will happen off the pitch? I remember seeing Town relegated at home to Hull and again the following Season by Aldershot trouble followed both times but I don`t recall the anger around the Town itself in the lead up.A massive game for both Clubs and I really hope from a Town point of view people are on here after the game talking about the football BUT......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
Gaffer58
April 3, 2018, 9:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Might probably find the Chesterfield fans think the same of their players as ours, no fight, don't give a crap, unfit, already thinking of next seasons club, so all in all it could be a very exciting end to end free flowing game, then again it will more than likely be a drab 0-0. The off field goings on may be more exciting!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
forza ivano
April 3, 2018, 10:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Draw is 12-5 with betfred, 0-0 is 8-1 with bet365 and 1-1 is 6-1 with william hill
think it has  'draw' written all over it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
GrimRob
April 3, 2018, 11:48am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
We've already beaten Chesterfield once this season. No reason why we can't do it again!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield (H) Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.