monkeyboy
April 2, 2018, 12:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Main people to blame are Fenty, Marley, Chapman & Day. They appointed Slade when we were doing OK.

In all fairness who would have thought putting Slade in charge would have led to the team being in a relegation battle? i have always disliked Slade but when he signed up for a second time i didnt think he would leave the team so poor. i always thought he would stabalise the team but without having any real promotion chance.

Think the board were thinking a safe pair of hands that could run a team cheap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
headingly_mariner
April 2, 2018, 12:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from oochiad
He has improved us on the pitch.

I’m not sure he has. Seen every game he’s managed and it looks much of the same. Would the results or performances have been any worse under Wilko? Not that I’m suggesting he should’ve kept it. We’ve played 2 awful teams at home and scraped 2 points and we’ve been soundly tonked in 2 away games. It’s a tough task, but he needed to make an immediate impact and he seems to be struggling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2018, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from monkeyboy

In all fairness who would have thought putting Slade in charge would have led to the team being in a relegation battle? i have always disliked Slade but when he signed up for a second time i didnt think he would leave the team so poor. i always thought he would stabalise the team but without having any real promotion chance.

Think the board were thinking a safe pair of hands that could run a team cheap.

Well they were wrong!
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
Mariner_09
April 2, 2018, 1:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Players signed up for next season are Rose, Kelly, Hooper, Dixon and Cardwell. Opportunity for a proper clearout and see if we can offload some of those 5 to poor Conference clubs, if we stay up.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
Posh Harry
April 3, 2018, 7:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,355
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I’m not sure he has. Seen every game he’s managed and it looks much of the same. Would the results or performances have been any worse under Wilko? Not that I’m suggesting he should’ve kept it. We’ve played 2 awful teams at home and scraped 2 points and we’ve been soundly tonked in 2 away games. It’s a tough task, but he needed to make an immediate impact and he seems to be struggling.

Well it’s all about opinions but I thought we were a lot better yesterday than when we played Cambridge. More organised, more of an attacking threat (granted still not enough), and a lot more commitment from the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJs task is larger than anticipated

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.