5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
April 1, 2018, 10:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
He thought to himself  IF  I can save this shower from relegation I can make a name for myself in football,

Having said that we do have 2 or 3 players that are worth another contract,

Lets just hope the others will fight for their careers ,

Having previous relegations on their CV and another one going into non league does not look good.

Mr Berrett, Kelly and Hooper take note,

I think Summerfield will have done enough for a new contract ..

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
fishyfanny
April 1, 2018, 10:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.90
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I know of a couple of multi-millionaires and they are the tightest people you will ever come across.

No I'm not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
forza ivano
April 1, 2018, 10:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from fishyfanny

No I'm not

Morning john
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
GrimRob
April 1, 2018, 10:47am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I think he would still have taken the job here if we were non league so the chance he has an opportunity to gain the credit for us staying up is a plus for him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 45
denni266
April 1, 2018, 10:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
His task is  impossible, But he has not helped himself with some of his team selections.  Am not going into players names but some are either not fit enough or just not interested,, some are just seeing the season out and going back to there own clubs .  It is a formula for disaster that was put together by slade to save his best m8 a few bob
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
rancido
April 1, 2018, 11:18am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from denni266
His task is  impossible, But he has not helped himself with some of his team selections.  Am not going into players names but some are either not fit enough or just not interested,, some are just seeing the season out and going back to there own clubs .  It is a formula for disaster that was put together by slade to save his best m8 a few bob

But you have had all season to formulate an opinion about these players under match conditions. MJ has had limited opportunity for this. How a player performs in training can be totally different to how they play in a competitive game. I'm fairly sure that MJ will have a better understanding of his squad after 4 competitive games.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
April 1, 2018, 11:24am
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Fair enough, I know a couple of millionaires not interested in football mind and both wouldn't do anything for nowt in fact both struggle to go to the bar

Agree, most of my tightest customers live in mansions.
Reply: 16 - 45
ginnywings
April 1, 2018, 11:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,110
Gold Stars: 548
Clearly wanted a chance in English football, so of course he wanted the job, and i doubt he didn't know the size of the task at hand, seeing as he had watched us a few times. I know we all have a downer on the club at the moment, but it's still a good job and he has the chance to make a name for himself. If we go down, the blame will lie elsewhere and he will have the opportunity to build a squad of his own. I do think his task will be much harder in non league mind, and it's a tough place for the inexperienced. We took it too lightly last time and struggled to get a foothold. If we do go down, we need to throw everything at getting off to a flyer and not getting stuck down there, with falling income and disengaged fans. It'll be a case of once bitten, twice shy and the fans will not be on board if we are wallowing in mid table or worse.

Some are saying that MJ has had no impact and there is some debate as to whether that is down to the squad or him, or a bit of both. I see that Flitcroft at Mansfield has also failed to get a win in the same time period, with a much better squad.

I'm still staggered at how we have ended up in the sh1te again. I simply cannot comprehend how we have contrived to turn promotion and all the good vibes into a big pile of dung so quickly. Relegation would be an absolute disaster for the club, but i can't see anything else at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
April 1, 2018, 11:26am
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think Summerfield will have done enough for a new contract ..

Hope not, he's improved a lot from last season. But he isn't good enough to play for us. How many shots has he had this season? How many goals has he scored? Zero is the answer.

He can go, and pretty much all of his mates can go whatever happens.
Reply: 18 - 45
mariner91
April 1, 2018, 11:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from ginnywings
Clearly wanted a chance in English football, so of course he wanted the job, and i doubt he didn't know the size of the task at hand, seeing as he had watched us a few times. I know we all have a downer on the club at the moment, but it's still a good job and he has the chance to make a name for himself. If we go down, the blame will lie elsewhere and he will have the opportunity to build a squad of his own. I do think his task will be much harder in non league mind, and it's a tough place for the inexperienced. We took it too lightly last time and struggled to get a foothold. If we do go down, we need to throw everything at getting off to a flyer and not getting stuck down there, with falling income and disengaged fans. It'll be a case of once bitten, twice shy and the fans will not be on board if we are wallowing in mid table or worse.

Some are saying that MJ has had no impact and there is some debate as to whether that is down to the squad or him, or a bit of both. I see that Flitcroft at Mansfield has also failed to get a win in the same time period, with a much better squad.

I'm still staggered at how we have ended up in the sh1te again. I simply cannot comprehend how we have contrived to turn promotion and all the good vibes into a big pile of dung so quickly. Relegation would be an absolute disaster for the club, but i can't see anything else at the moment.

Two words: John Fenty. Everything he touches turns to shit.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJs task is larger than anticipated

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.