5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
April 1, 2018, 9:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Anybody else think that MJ has realised the task he took on is bigger, tougher and really had no comprehension of the lack of true quality running through the squad assembled by the one who's name I will not bring myself to reference.
Yes, I know he watched 3 games prior to accepting the managerial role and probably thought he could get into their heads and make them believe they could play football but, as we are witnessing, with exception to one or 2 players who try their heart out, I don't think he knew how this squad lack the gussto for relegation dog fight.
Feel for Jolley but on a positive note, he did stuff Malmo who were top of the league so lets hope he can stuff Wycombe, although with strikers who couldn't hit a cows bottom with a banjo I am a little doubtful..
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
April 1, 2018, 9:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Anybody else think that MJ has realised the task he took on is bigger, tougher and really had no comprehension of the lack of true quality running through the squad assembled by the one who's name I will not bring myself to reference.
Yes, I know he watched 3 games prior to accepting the managerial role and probably thought he could get into their heads and make them believe they could play football but, as we are witnessing, with exception to one or 2 players who try their heart out, I don't think he knew how this squad lack the gussto for relegation dog fight.
Feel for Jolley but on a positive note, he did stuff Malmo who were top of the league so lets hope he can stuff Wycombe, although with strikers who couldn't hit a cows bottom with a banjo I am a little doubtful..

Nobody in world football could make Mitch rose a good player or Berrett dynamic in his work and theirs others , just need to scramble over the line which I doubt tbh and start again next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
April 1, 2018, 9:38am
Guest User
I think he knew the task ahead, he hasn't got a lot to work with but if he can get us over the line he has a good club aside from Fenty who can't go on much longer, a big club at this level and a blank canvass for next season. It's a good job, I hear from several people he isn't even getting paid. He is driven and wants to succeed, he is wealthy and is driven. If he can keep us up with this disgraceful squad then we can kick on if Fenty goes, and only if Fenty goes.
Reply: 2 - 45
dapperz fun pub
April 1, 2018, 9:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 75
I think he knew the task ahead, he hasn't got a lot to work with but if he can get us over the line he has a good club aside from Fenty who can't go on much longer, a big club at this level and a blank canvass for next season. It's a good job, I hear from several people he isn't even getting paid. He is driven and wants to succeed, he is wealthy and is driven. If he can keep us up with this disgraceful squad then we can kick on if Fenty goes, and only if Fenty goes.

Not getting paid really ...I know it's April fools Day but surely not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
April 1, 2018, 9:47am
Guest User
Multi millionaire, wants his chance in football.
Reply: 4 - 45
dapperz fun pub
April 1, 2018, 9:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 75

Fair enough, I know a couple of millionaires not interested in football mind and both wouldn't do anything for nowt in fact both struggle to go to the bar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
jamesgtfc
April 1, 2018, 9:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 75

I know of a couple of multi-millionaires and they are the tightest people you will ever come across.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
moosey_club
April 1, 2018, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Fair enough, I know a couple of millionaires not interested in football mind and both wouldn't do anything for nowt in fact both struggle to go to the bar

you dont get rich by spending money  

If he is doing it for nothing would be one explanation for him getting the job in the first place

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 1, 2018, 10:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Confucius he say -  “Even most positive thinker in world cannot make player score goal that you need.”

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
forza ivano
April 1, 2018, 10:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
I'd probably acre with the o.p.
The good news is that despite being outside the transfer window he has brought in 2 players who have improved us, he's given Clifton a decent chance and we have improved organisationally ( is that a word?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJs task is larger than anticipated

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.