2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
March 31, 2018, 7:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,346
Gold Stars: 142
IF (big if) we can fight out a point at Wycombe tomorrow and Chesterfield and Barnet both lose ill feel a lot more calmer. It'll put us 5 points ahead which means Chesterfield would have to win both games in hand instead of a win and a draw. Still nervous though as I can see them both picking up atleast 1 point tomorrow  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
jonnyboy82
March 31, 2018, 8:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Go 6 4 0 at wycombe and hope somehow we get a point , my team would be ..

Macca
Pearson
Disley
Pearson
Disley
Pearson
Disley
Pearson
Disley
Pearson
Disley

Need character passion and knowing what the town badge means.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
heppy88
March 31, 2018, 8:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
I’m feeling more hopeful than most today. What I have seen so far under Jolley is progression. The first 45 against Coventry and for most of the game yesterday we played some decent football. Much, much better than what we have endured under Slade. I recognise its a points based game and its points that will keep us up. But Jolley inherited a truly dire situation. Not only on the pitch, but one half of the management team and our esteemed leader and his merry band of yes men.
The chances are being created, 3-4 yesterday. Convert a couple of those and we WILL be staying up. Keep the faith, all is NOT lost, just yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
arryarryarry
March 31, 2018, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from heppy88
I’m feeling more hopeful than most today. What I have seen so far under Jolley is progression. The first 45 against Coventry and for most of the game yesterday we played some decent football. Much, much better than what we have endured under Slade. I recognise its a points based game and its points that will keep us up. But Jolley inherited a truly dire situation. Not only on the pitch, but one half of the management team and our esteemed leader and his merry band of yes men.
The chances are being created, 3-4 yesterday. Convert a couple of those and we WILL be staying up. Keep the faith, all is NOT lost, just yet.

I can't really agree, I don't see that much change in tactics, he doesn't seem to know his best side, yes we created some chances on the first half but in the second we were as hopeless as in most games this season.

If we played that well at Coventry why make so many changes?

I appreciate he was left with a crap squad but I would have hoped for some more improvement.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
mariner91
March 31, 2018, 9:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from lukeo
IF (big if) we can fight out a point at Wycombe tomorrow and Chesterfield and Barnet both lose ill feel a lot more calmer. It'll put us 5 points ahead which means Chesterfield would have to win both games in hand instead of a win and a draw. Still nervous though as I can see them both picking up atleast 1 point tomorrow  

I'd be absolutely stunned if either Chesterfield or Barnet picked up a point tomorrow. In fact, I'd be wanting a full investigation in to how they did it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
RonMariner
March 31, 2018, 9:58am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
A more likely scenario is that we lose and Chesterfield win on Monday. Unless Podge is on form.

But even so, if we beat them the gap will be back at 4 points, and will remain that way if we beat Barnet.

So whichever way you look at it, it is those two home games which will largely determine our fate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
lew chaterleys lover
March 31, 2018, 12:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from RonMariner
A more likely scenario is that we lose and Chesterfield win on Monday. Unless Podge is on form.

But even so, if we beat them the gap will be back at 4 points, and will remain that way if we beat Barnet.

So whichever way you look at it, it is those two home games which will largely determine our fate.

I don't think we will beat either Chesterfield or Barnet. We cannot score goals, or not enough to win a game. I imagine they will be fired up and scrap for everything whilst we seemingly cannot get a head of steam up no matter what. It is imperative we do not lose those games though and hope other teams can do us a favour in the run in.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
FishOutOfWater
March 31, 2018, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from arryarryarry

I agree, irrespective of our rivals results, they still all managed to score today with the exception of Stevenage.

I just don't share MJ's confidence that this squad has the quality to win enough games to stay up.

What about sharing in JF's confidence instead?

He said we had twenty points coming our way....well we've had two of them now, so fill your boots on the next six games where we win them all
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League 2 table

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.