This thread currently has 3,925 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 30, 2018, 9:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

19     Morecambe     39     9     15     15     38     48     -10     42                              
20     Port Vale     40     10     12     18     43     55     -12     42                              
21     Forest Green Rovers     39     11     7     21     47     67     -20     40                              
22     Grimsby Town     40     9     11     20     32     61     -29     38                              
23     Chesterfield     38     9     7     22     41     68     -27     34                              
24     Barnet     40     8     9     23     36     59     -23     33                              

Thoughts ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mighty_Mariner
March 30, 2018, 10:00pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
We're excrement!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
mariner91
March 30, 2018, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
I think I'm going to be getting through a lot of bog roll between now and the 5th of May.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
FishOutOfWater
March 30, 2018, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
We're excrement!

and we know we are
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 17
BottesfordMariner
March 30, 2018, 10:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
The table makes bad reading.

But look at the form guide. This is the form guide since New Years Day.

team                   played                          wins                   pts
FGR                    15                                  6                      20
Crewe                 15                                  5                      17
Morecambe        14                                  3                      17
Yeovil                  12                                  4                     15
Chesterfield        13                                  4                     13
Barnet                 15                                 3                      13
Port Vale             15                                 1                      11
TOWN                15                                  0                       4

That is flipping dire.

Vale got their first win of 2018 today.  

Everybody is picking wins/pts here and there with the exception of Town.

Town kept their first clean sheet of 2018 today (a small piece of good news). We had been shipping goals all over the place . But another blank up front. Thats 9 times in those 15 games we have failed to score. In fact we have scored a grand total of 6 in those games and never more than one goal in a game.

People say we just need to beat Barnet & Chesterfield! I dont see us beating any one!!

I just cant see us getting out of it. I simply dont see us catching anyone above us and i dont think we have got enough in us to actually save ourselves. Instead we are relying on the 2 below us not to catch us. Chesterfield won last week ....Barnet won today. Its hard not to see one or both of them getting another good result (or two). Sorry we've had it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
jonnyboy82
March 30, 2018, 11:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Were down , but i tell you john fenty better be ready for the excrement he will get as this man is the reason we are third from bottom the fvcking cheapskate.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
promotion plaice
March 30, 2018, 11:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Were down , but i tell you john fenty better be ready for the excrement he will get as this man is the reason we are third from bottom the fvcking cheapskate.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Badger57
March 30, 2018, 11:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from mariner91
I think I'm going to be getting through a lot of bog roll between now and the 5th of May.

Save yourself the stress and anguish by surrendering and acceptance. Surrender to the fact we are excrement (you've probably done that already) and accept that we are going to get relegated again.(not so easy)  
Once you've done that things will be so much easier to bear, and if by some slightly more than minor miracle we escape, then imagine how happy you will be!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
arryarryarry
March 30, 2018, 11:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
The table makes bad reading.

But look at the form guide. This is the form guide since New Years Day.

team                   played                          wins                   pts
FGR                    15                                  6                      20
Crewe                 15                                  5                      17
Morecambe        14                                  3                      17
Yeovil                  12                                  4                     15
Chesterfield        13                                  4                     13
Barnet                 15                                 3                      13
Port Vale             15                                 1                      11
TOWN                15                                  0                       4

That is flipping dire.

Vale got their first win of 2018 today.  

Everybody is picking wins/pts here and there with the exception of Town.

Town kept their first clean sheet of 2018 today (a small piece of good news). We had been shipping goals all over the place . But another blank up front. Thats 9 times in those 15 games we have failed to score. In fact we have scored a grand total of 6 in those games and never more than one goal in a game.

People say we just need to beat Barnet & Chesterfield! I dont see us beating any one!!

I just cant see us getting out of it. I simply dont see us catching anyone above us and i dont think we have got enough in us to actually save ourselves. Instead we are relying on the 2 below us not to catch us. Chesterfield won last week ....Barnet won today. Its hard not to see one or both of them getting another good result (or two). Sorry we've had it.

I agree, irrespective of our rivals results, they still all managed to score today with the exception of Stevenage.

I just don't share MJ's confidence that this squad has the quality to win enough games to stay up.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
toontown
March 30, 2018, 11:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
I don't think MJ is really that confident he just has to say he is a to do otherwise isn't possible. Can't see us staying up now but we have to keep fighting. Pack th defence and midfield on Monday, park the bus, and hope to scrape another goaless point like today - that would be be fantastic result under the dire circumstances.
We aren't going to catch any team that has gone past us, it's all about hoping chesterfield and Barnet don't have enough to catch us. We need to do our bit by not losing to them when we play them, and just hope they're too crap to win more than 1 more game till the end of what little remains of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League 2 table

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.