Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team For Monday.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 95 Guests

Team For Monday.

This thread currently has 8,252 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
gytone
March 31, 2018, 8:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
I thought Wilks did ok, but I don't think he'll be foot, seemed to be holding his hamstring when he went off, could even be season over for him 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
golfer
March 31, 2018, 8:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 114
I've got a feeling we will surprise one or two people come Monday and saw improvement against Stevenage. Created quite a few chances and could easily have gone in three up against a packed defence. I would keep the same team especially for the first half-we have hardly had the "same" team two matches running and a lot of our woes are down to nervousness and a lack of confidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
Mariner_09
March 31, 2018, 9:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
McKeown

Mills
Clarke
Collins
Fox

DJ
Summerfield
McAllister
Woolford

Matt
Hooper

Doubt McSheffrey can play twice in 4 days and I suspect you’d get more out of Hooper with a target man upfront. If you remember he actually caused lots of problems for Wycombe in the home game and scored a wonder goal, so I’d leave him in. I think Woolford’s done ok in the games I’ve seen with MJ as manager and he said Dembele and Wilks have injuries. Leave thr back 4 as it is because we looked solid and compact yesterday and McAllister will add some combat and discipline in front of the back 4. Summerfield may struggle to play twice in 4 days given he’s been injured but I’d still play him as the alternatives are the poor Clifton yesterday and the equally irrelevant Berrett! Matt’s got heart and if he could use him physique more cleverly then he’d cause sides all sorts of problems but he just seems to have the ball bounce off him but he does give his all and that’s what’s needed.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
AdamHaddock
March 31, 2018, 10:55am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,801
Gold Stars: 25
            Mckeown
Mills Collins Suliman Fox
Summerfield McAllister Clifton
Dembele Cardwell Wilks

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
Mighty_Mariner
March 31, 2018, 11:12am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Putting Suliman in against man-mountain Akinfenwa would be a mistake IMO, unless we're going to go with 5 at the back

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
Roast Em Bobby
March 31, 2018, 11:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
I think we need to be realistic and aim for a draw by being more defensive minded, we've shipped 15 goals in the last 5 away games

McKeown
Mills Clarke Collins Suliman Fox
Berrett McAllister Summerfield Woolford
McSheffery
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
11MARINER11
March 31, 2018, 11:34am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -55
Mcallister for rose , Matt for hooper for me , nice to see we looked solid and organized , Get Jackson back in and hes close to his best 11 , i  think we will get better as a team every game now , problem is , is it to late
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
grimsby pete
March 31, 2018, 11:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 11MARINER11
Mcallister for rose , Matt for hooper for me , nice to see we looked solid and organized , Get Jackson back in and hes close to his best 11 , i  think we will get better as a team every game now , problem is , is it to late

It's never too late until it's too late,

Hope !!    never give up.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
Mrs Doyle
March 31, 2018, 11:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Out of a bad bunch, I think Harry Cardwell looks the most promising striker we have just saying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
lew chaterleys lover
March 31, 2018, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,644
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from 11MARINER11

We looked very marginally better against opponents who were themselves down in the doldrums, but they came closest to winning it with the header that hit the post and subsequent goal line clearance.

We offer next to nothing in any area and it is just a question whether Chesterfield and or Barnet can catch us in the time that is left.

I am surprised the new manager hasn't been able to influence the team more if I am honest; I thought he would have insisted on a high tempo pressing game and  get some momentum going.

He was a very brave man for taking the job on  and I hope it is a happy ending, but both Barnet and Chesterfield have been inching closer over many weeks and I expect them to overtake us in the next few weeks sadly.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team For Monday.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.