marinerrick
March 30, 2018, 10:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
Quoted from nightrider
Stevenage were shot the last time we played them but we still lost 2-0
So it's definitely an improvement

Also how the intercourse did the ref not give a free kick when seriki was pushed out the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
KingstonMariner
March 30, 2018, 10:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from marinerrick

Also how the intercourse did the ref not give a free kick when seriki was pushed out the pitch.

That was ludicrous wasn't it. The Stevenage player had his arm out  so Dembele couldn't run past him, so Dembele went further out to his left and the Stevenage player pushed out further, until he was a good five feet away from the ball and pushed out of play. Short of admitting he fouled Dembele, it couldn't have been more obvious.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
Mighty_Mariner
March 30, 2018, 10:37pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Dembele is really frustrating... there was a moment when we were attacking second half in their final third and he was still sat on the fecking floor!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
toontown
March 30, 2018, 11:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
That incident with their playing shoving dembele when the ball was literally 5 feet away from them was ludicrous - you probably won't have seen a clearer foul all game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
petethemariner
March 30, 2018, 11:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Which is probably why Seriki, despite his undoubted talent, will never amount to much, he has a premier league   mentality in league 2,, which will aways find him out,such a shame.
I feel next season will be back in the national league, we just do not look like scoring, cannot fault the effort today, including Hooper, who copped  much undeserved stick, as I thought he  put a shift in, which I admit is rarely the case.
I thought many played well today, the back 5, both full backs in particular and Summerfield, after a slow start, continued to be our best player this season.
This was a game we had to win, Stevenage had nothing to play for and were poor, we didn't take advantage and I feel
FGR last game of the season could be a very sad and ironic day.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
KingstonMariner
March 30, 2018, 11:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from petethemariner
Which is probably why Seriki, despite his undoubted talent, will never amount to much, he has a premier league   mentality in league 2,, which will aways find him out,such a shame.
I feel next season will be back in the national league, we just do not look like scoring, cannot fault the effort today, including Hooper, who copped  much undeserved stick, as I thought he  put a shift in, which I admit is rarely the case.
I thought many played well today, the back 5, both full backs in particular and Summerfield, after a slow start, continued to be our best player this season.
This was a game we had to win, Stevenage had nothing to play for and were poor, we didn't take advantage and I feel
FGR last game of the season could be a very sad and ironic day.

Which 'which' do you mean?

If Hooper put in a shift you would be an undemanding boss. He made half-arsed attempts from my perspective. Rarely made much movement to show for the ball around the box, hardly ever tried to get the ball back.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
petethemariner
March 31, 2018, 12:11am
Cocktail Drinker
I agree movement was poor as was the ' highly rated' wilks, who seemed to escape much of the flak, I am no Hooper fan, but much of the  ' service' he received was over his head against very large centre  backs and when he did win it, absolutely noone got on The end of it.
Hooper isn't the reason we are where we are, Fenty, Slade and Wilkinson are culpable for that, there is a player in Hooper if someone could unlock it, but as I have known in my 50 years watching GTFC , town fans always need a scaoegoat.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
petethemariner
March 31, 2018, 12:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Which 'which' do you mean?[b][/b]

If Hooper put in a shift you would be an undemanding boss. He made half-arsed attempts from my perspective. Rarely made much movement to show for the ball around the box, hardly ever tried to get the ball back.

Reading your post back I had better clarify, I was referring to Mighty Mariners  post about Dembele being sat on his bottom when we were on the attack, hence which is why Dembele will amount to nothing, hope this clarifies.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
Mrs Doyle
March 31, 2018, 4:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Which 'which' do you mean?

Hooper frustrates me he won a fair few balls in the air but there were a few times he was second best to balls in threatening areas, he as the size and build he should just muscle is way past when one one one.

He may give away a free kick or two but show some fecking passion to win the ball. If only he had the heart of Summerfield he would be a proper striker.

At least Matt does put himself about a bit not saying he is much better in front of goal though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
Mighty_Mariner
March 31, 2018, 7:10am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Hooper frustrates me he won a fair few balls in the air but there were a few times he was second best to balls in threatening areas, he as the size and build he should just muscle is way past when one one one.

He may give away a free kick or two but show some fecking passion to win the ball. If only he had the heart of Summerfield he would be a proper striker.

At least Matt does put himself about a bit not saying he is much better in front of goal though.

I was saying this at the game yesterday, for a player of his size, he gets pushed off the ball way to easily.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.