sonofmadeleymariner
March 30, 2018, 5:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Certainly a chance missed against a poor Stevenage side, but once again the few opportunities created were squandered with very poor finishing.  Best first half performance we've seen in a while at home, but once again we faded second half. How Rose and Hooper get a game I will never know, whilst apart from a couple of decent crosse's McSheffrey didn't provide much. Decent defensive performance and I was impressed with Fox, whilst Summerfield in midfield did OK on his return. Goals are very hard to come by, and we're going to need at least 2 more before the end of the saeson, with wins needed against Chesterfield and Barnet. The Chesterfield game is going to one of the most important in the clubs history, with only a win realistically being good enough. Nerve- racking stuff, let's hope we are strong enough.....UTM

McSheffrey was lost out wide, like Woolford he doesn't have the pace to play the position but unlike Woolford at least he has ability.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 66
sonofmadeleymariner
March 30, 2018, 5:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Certainly a chance missed against a poor Stevenage side, but once again the few opportunities created were squandered with very poor finishing.  Best first half performance we've seen in a while at home, but once again we faded second half. How Rose and Hooper get a game I will never know, whilst apart from a couple of decent crosse's McSheffrey didn't provide much. Decent defensive performance and I was impressed with Fox, whilst Summerfield in midfield did OK on his return. Goals are very hard to come by, and we're going to need at least 2 more before the end of the saeson, with wins needed against Chesterfield and Barnet. The Chesterfield game is going to one of the most important in the clubs history, with only a win realistically being good enough. Nerve- racking stuff, let's hope we are strong enough.....UTM

McSheffrey was lost out wide, like Woolford he doesn't have the pace to play the position but unlike Woolford at least he has ability.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 66
ginnywings
March 30, 2018, 5:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Hasn't McSheffrey played out wide most of his career?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 66
Mrs Doyle
March 30, 2018, 5:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
One thing is certain the Chesterfield game is going to be a massive battle on and off the pitch. Loads of previous between our fans this could get very ugly somethings bound to boil over town fans have been simmering for months. Hope they get the police in this time if they thought Port Vale was ill-tempered this one will easily beat that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 66
sonofmadeleymariner
March 30, 2018, 5:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Hasn't McSheffrey played out wide most of his career?

There or behind the striker yes, but today it just looked like a strait for strait replacement for Woolford and was out of position just because he couldn't keep up

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 66
SheepGTFC
March 30, 2018, 6:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 6
Seeing a lot of people just give up and claim we're down. Just kindly intercourse off with your negativity would you. 6 games left all to play for and a point today is better than nothing. We can do this guys.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 66
toontown
March 30, 2018, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
mcsheffrey can at least use the ball, thought he played alright first half
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 66
ginnywings
March 30, 2018, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from SheepGTFC
Seeing a lot of people just give up and claim we're down. Just kindly intercourse off with your negativity would you. 6 games left all to play for and a point today is better than nothing. We can do this guys.

Exactly! We actually gained a point today and chalked off another game. Would have been better if we had scored obviously, but anyone would think Chesterfield had gained another point on us. Every game that passes keeping them at arms length increases our chances, which went up a percentage point or two today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 66
headingly_mariner
March 30, 2018, 6:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Seeing Rose get rinsed, thought he did alright first half barring his miss but tired.

Those that really struggled today were Mcsheffrey, Hooper and sadly Clifton when he got on 2nd half.  I’m amazed we only had one striker on the bench.

We should have scored first half and I was hoping we’d really push on 2nd half but it never happened. Thought he got the bench and the subs wrong.

Not really sure the new manager has made much of a positive influence on performances. He’s got a tough task on but has he made us any better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 66
ginnywings
March 30, 2018, 6:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Seeing Rose get rinsed, thought he did alright first half barring his miss but tired.

Those that really struggled today were Mcsheffrey, Hooper and sadly Clifton when he got on 2nd half.  I’m amazed we only had one striker on the bench.

We should have scored first half and I was hoping we’d really push on 2nd half but it never happened. Thought he got the bench and the subs wrong.

Not really sure the new manager has made much of a positive influence on performances. He’s got a tough task on but has he made us any better.

Tough task to do that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.