Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from TAGG

No not aimed at you.
It was just a general question.
I don’t know who the intercourse you are.

Are you one of Fentys team???

***Sigh*** Oh well saved somebody else from answering.
I'm Ian Townsend Treasurer (for now) of the Mariners Trust.
You'd better ask Cloudy. I might be wrong but I think he thinks I might be rather too close to a certain part of Mr Fenty's anatomy. I've probably spoken to J.F. about 20 times in my entire life and always regarding Trust business.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
barralad
March 29, 2018, 10:04pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from realist
Usual spineless shite from someone from the trust.  Stand up and be counted  for once and stop all the secrecy.

There's a certain irony in someone who hides behind a keyboard calling someone spineless.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
TAGG
March 29, 2018, 10:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,971
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from barralad

***Sigh*** Oh well saved somebody else from answering.
I'm Ian Townsend Treasurer (for now) of the Mariners Trust.
You'd better ask Cloudy. I might be wrong but I think he thinks I might be rather too close to a certain part of Mr Fenty's anatomy. I've probably spoken to J.F. about 20 times in my entire life and always regarding Trust business.

It would be nice on the 21st time you speak up for the fans.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
realist
March 29, 2018, 10:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Shove your irony up your bottom.  Dont you think that it is ironic that the organisation you are part of claims to be for the fans but you spend most of your time subservient to the board working against the fans you should be representing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
Cloudy
March 29, 2018, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from barralad

It isn't my business to challenge a clearly deeply held opinion but I was rather hoping/expecting you could provide some evidence to back up the rather startling highlighted claim. I won't hold my breath.
Just in case anyone is remotely interested in some facts the repercussions from the Port Vale game and the ensuing statement will be discussed at next week's Trust Board meeting and the details of the discussion will be contained within the minutes of said meeting.

The evidence of the Trust involvement in the decision and the statement was confirmed in the official Mariners Trust tweet and the statement itself refers to Trust involvement.
That is the evidence as why I, and many others, feel the Trust is being manipulated by the club, willingly or not.
It is ok the Trust discussing the matter next week at their meeting but until they have it is my opinion that they should not have allowed their name to be associated with the public statement. The inclusion suggests that maybe one or two people have been involved? Maybe the Trust chairman? The Trust tweet and your response Mr Barralad suggests that most of the Trust board haven't given their views, perhaps because of logistics or perhaps because others are becoming to strong and just tow the club line? May be wrong but a question many will ask!

It is my view that the only way the Trust can survive is to step away from the Club board, hand back the keys to the bar and then they may just start get the fans on their side.

As I repeatedly state, this is my opinion, that is what a message board is for
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
friskneymariner
March 29, 2018, 10:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from TAGG

No not aimed at you.
It was just a general question.
I don’t know who the intercourse you are.

Are you one of Fentys team???

I can assure you Ian is not one of Fenty's team he is one of us and although I do not always agree with his view he is very approachable and gives a lot of time for the Trust.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
barralad
March 29, 2018, 10:49pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Cloudy

The evidence of the Trust involvement in the decision and the statement was confirmed in the official Mariners Trust tweet and the statement itself refers to Trust involvement.
That is the evidence as why I, and many others, feel the Trust is being manipulated by the club, willingly or not.
It is ok the Trust discussing the matter next week at their meeting but until they have it is my opinion that they should not have allowed their name to be associated with the public statement. The inclusion suggests that maybe one or two people have been involved? Maybe the Trust chairman? The Trust tweet and your response Mr Barralad suggests that most of the Trust board haven't given their views, perhaps because of logistics or perhaps because others are becoming to strong and just tow the club line? May be wrong but a question many will ask!

It is my view that the only way the Trust can survive is to step away from the Club board, hand back the keys to the bar and then they may just start get the fans on their side.

As I repeatedly state, this is my opinion, that is what a message board is for

I have no wish to prevent you having an opinion but I reserve the right to fundamentally disagree with it and when I cannot see any evidence ask you to provide some. Nothing you have said in this latest reply provides any evidence whatsoever to back up your claim that some members of the Trust Board are aligned to J.F. or are opposed to the fans. For the record I work almost daily with the volunteers on the Yrust Board and I've yet to meet anyone to whom your two "descriptors" could be attached.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
OneLove
March 30, 2018, 7:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Catch 22, if they shut the bars for the second half and we are playing turd as per usual, folk will just leave the ground anyway and go for a beer elsewhere, or just leave the bars open and let fans drink in the ground and keep the tills rolling. Just another gunshot fired at us fans by the twits above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
MarinerWY
March 30, 2018, 10:10am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,976
Gold Stars: 47
Really disappointing. So the club ignored police advice in the interest of saving a few bob, and we all get punished for it? Ridiculous.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
headingly_mariner
March 30, 2018, 10:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from barralad

I have no wish to prevent you having an opinion but I reserve the right to fundamentally disagree with it and when I cannot see any evidence ask you to provide some. Nothing you have said in this latest reply provides any evidence whatsoever to back up your claim that some members of the Trust Board are aligned to J.F. or are opposed to the fans. For the record I work almost daily with the volunteers on the Yrust Board and I've yet to meet anyone to whom your two "descriptors" could be attached.

I understand what you’re saying. I don’t wish to get at you and this certainly isn’t a dig at yourself as understand their has been loads of great things done by members of the Trust board. However does the fact that a statement made by the Trust had been written from within the club for the Trust to put out not show that certain members of the Trust board are too closely aligned to the board?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.