6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
March 28, 2018, 6:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Gaffer58

I've been thinking about this and you wonder if they were not that bothered if it happened. They would save on wages, cheaper weekly wage in conference and they only get paid for the season. Parachute payment evidently same for first year as where we are now. A better chance of another Wembley visit, either FA Vase or playoff final. The downside would be lower  attendances but if we are winning they would recover back to 4000 plus, smaller  visiting numbers but the police bill would be lower, oh wait we don't pay for any police in the ground this year.

Don't see the board would be better off in or out of the FL. They don't put any money in either way
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
rancido
March 28, 2018, 7:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Heisenberg

What a shambolic situation we find ourselves in!  The club were very much hanging all their hopes on that gap (was it 14 points?) being enough of a buffer, but a good deal of people on here could see this scenario coming and said so months ago.

A very similar situation the last season Buckley Mk3 was in charge. Both Luton and Rotherham had huge points deductions that season. To all intents and purposes it looked like we were just treading water and saving on recruitment because it looked like ( to the powers that be at the club anyway ) that we wouldn't be threatened with relegation that season. Rotherham made up their points loss, Luton almost did and I seem to recall it was a close thing for us at the end of the season. You think those " knowledgeable " people at the club would have learned from that !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
Heisenberg
March 28, 2018, 8:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,956
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from rancido

A very similar situation the last season Buckley Mk3 was in charge. Both Luton and Rotherham had huge points deductions that season. To all intents and purposes it looked like we were just treading water and saving on recruitment because it looked like ( to the powers that be at the club anyway ) that we wouldn't be threatened with relegation that season. Rotherham made up their points loss, Luton almost did and I seem to recall it was a close thing for us at the end of the season. You think those " knowledgeable " people at the club would have learned from that !

Didn’t Rotherham have something like a 15 point deduction and they caught us in October?!! The mind plays tricks after time, but I remember it was something embarrassing like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
Abdul19
March 28, 2018, 8:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
17 and yes!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
ginnywings
March 28, 2018, 8:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
There were 4 teams docked points that season and 3 of them overtook us. 30 points proving too much for Luton to make up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
AndyDarloFC
March 28, 2018, 9:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings
There were 4 teams docked points that season and 3 of them overtook us. 30 points proving too much for Luton to make up.

Were we docked 10 points halfway through that season if I remember rightly, if we'd had those 10 points - I am positive we'd have finished 4/5th  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 57
ginnywings
March 28, 2018, 10:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Were we docked 10 points halfway through that season if I remember rightly, if we'd had those 10 points - I am positive we'd have finished 4/5th  

You lost 10 points in Jan, without which you would have finished 6th and a play off spot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
KingstonMariner
March 29, 2018, 10:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Fraid so Swin, you could see then there was no real pace or guile in the team and the lack of good football and regular positive results backed it up.
I really hope Jolly can keep us up; so does the wife whos a Vale fan but fed up of my permanent Saturday grumpiness.

Don't know if was you, but I remember a couple of people posting words to that effect early in the season. Results were decent but there wasn't the confidence inducing performance behind them. Shades of 2001-02 I think someone said.

Well let's hope the outcome is the same. Mind you, look what happened in the next two years  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port vale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.