Ipswin
March 27, 2018, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Madeleymariner
You may be right Swin, we will know about a 12 games into next season if he is a real duffer, but dont feel he can be clearly judged on the last few games. Yes I posted a few complaining about Slades awful signings tactics etc. but always got the give it time etc replies and red Xs. Water off a ducks back duck as they say round here.

I'll reserve judgement until May next year as if he is judged any earlier the excuse will be 'its all Slade's fault look what he inherited'.

I had hoped that he had been brought in to save us from relegation this season (which hopefully he may well still do, presumably then all mention of it being Slade's squad will mysteriously disappear and it will all be down to Jolley) but whether we stay up or not I will make my appraisal on our position (be it Div 2 or National League) at the end of next season - assuming he stays that long!  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
Ipswin
March 27, 2018, 7:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Thats nothing Dad as you well know I was saying it from the moment Slade was appointed, I didn't need till September. Now where are all those who were calling me a mad fool, surely I'm owed a fair few appologies  

Brave lad, you can get some right stick on here  for judging a new manager too soon (even when you are right)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
IlkleyMariner
March 27, 2018, 8:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Think we need to stop looking backwards. That's called History.

Think either way Fenty must go and get what he can from the shambles

We need to get behind the boys and hope MJ has got enough to survive this season.

If not hope he stays and rebuild but Fenty must go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
bawarmy
March 27, 2018, 9:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27
Yeovil possibly have the hardest run in but are 5 points clear of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
Pouton4ever
March 27, 2018, 10:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Lots potentially in the mix down there- no fat lady singing yet- 6 points for us and the same for chesterfield and start seeing Stevenage and Port Vale sweating- they are both on a bad run too

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
moosey_club
March 27, 2018, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I think you're forgetting something Heisenberg....

We were given assurances by JF that we'd have 20 more points in the bag by the end of the season.... we've already got one so with another seven games to go, six wins and a draw will do the trick. Simples

Can you imagine the video message from Fenty Towers if that actually did now happen    ,  pan shot around the drawing room , stops at a high back leather swivel chair turned away from camera, the chair spins revealing a smugly smiling JF, large glass of brandy in one hand the other stroking a cat on his lap, beige roll neck jumper with a diamond encrusted gold fish medallion worn over the top ..... he clears his throat..

Yes Dale ..i just wanted to put this video out to belittle those social media bullies and keyboard warriors who have quite frankly slandered me over the last few months and subjected me and my family to unwarranted abuse despite the fact my key decision making and astute managerial appointment have secured our League status for another season....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
toontown
March 27, 2018, 10:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
lew chaterleys lover
March 27, 2018, 11:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231

Thats nothing Dad as you well know I was saying it from the moment Slade was appointed, I didn't need till September. Now where are all those who were calling me a mad fool, surely I'm owed a fair few appologies  

All managerial appointments end in failure so you were bound to be right at some point. When we drew at Notts County mid December and we were a fraction outside of the play offs I don't think many on here were calling for him to be replaced.

Something happened shortly after that - probably news filtering through that in January we were going to let our best players go and not replace them and the board signalling as far as they were concerned the season was over.

We all have our likes and dislikes - I must admit I took an almost instant dislike to Bignot even though his results were much better than we are getting now. I suppose that what makes the game such a talking point.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
McAllisters Ghost
March 28, 2018, 1:05am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +42
One thing I do remember just before Christmas when we were doing OK, a couple of people posted some stats graphs about all the teams in league two. - can't remember who it was - but these stats graphs seemed to point out that despite our position in the table, we were one of the worst few teams.  

From what I remember the stats showed four things like times in opponents penno areas, number of shots, minutes to number of shots, and of course the opposite with opponents time in our half and other things.  We were in distinctly the wrong area on these graphs indicating we should be near the bottom on performances but weren't.

I really didn't give it much thought at the time as we were top half of the table - just thought it indicated that you could show anything you want with stats and it maybe proved they were a load of b*ll*x.  Of course now I look back at that and think that maybe this indicated how bad a team we were and we were in a false position at the time.  Doesn't help us now given where we are with hands tied and stuck with the squad we have but guess maybe some indication was there.  

Just hope something changes and we get some luck - just going in front in a game could make a bit difference and I dearly hope that happens on Friday.

Edit: The graph was something like this below

https://experimental361.com/2018/03/04/scatter-graphics-league-2-4-mar-2018/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
Davec
March 28, 2018, 7:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Well even after we beat Chesterfield on first game of season (thank god we did because it's atleast given us a tiny sniff of staying up) there were people saying it would be a struggle season because they absolutely dominated us and the warning signs were there but you had the usual people saying "give it time" and "we're a good team" etc, on September 9th I text a mate of mine who supports another league 2 club saying "we have a really poor team, we will be bottom 4" I don't know how to screenshot and post on here but I'm more than happy to forward the text onto people if you don't believe me, just PM me your number and I'll do it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.