Heisenberg
March 27, 2018, 2:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,963
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I think you're forgetting something Heisenberg....

We were given assurances by JF that we'd have 20 more points in the bag by the end of the season.... we've already got one so with another seven games to go, six wins and a draw will do the trick. Simples

What a shambolic situation we find ourselves in!  The club were very much hanging all their hopes on that gap (was it 14 points?) being enough of a buffer, but a good deal of people on here could see this scenario coming and said so months ago.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
FishOutOfWater
March 27, 2018, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Heisenberg

What a shambolic situation we find ourselves in!  The club were very much hanging all their hopes on that gap (was it 14 points?) being enough of a buffer, but a good deal of people on here could see this scenario coming and said so months ago.

You're dead right Heisenberg

I checked the other night as to the first time relegation crossed my mind...

I had sent a tweet to RH about it. 6th January after the Morecambe game

Yet Fenty smugly allowed Slade another month or more after that, while all the time we were up the creek without a paddle, heading for a fall in to oblivion

Total mismanagement and if/when we go down, nobody should ever forget or forgive why it's happened
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 57
Yoda
March 27, 2018, 2:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Slade should have gone after Morecambe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
FishOutOfWater
March 27, 2018, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Quoted from Yoda
Slade should have gone after Morecambe.

Can't disagree Yoda

It was clear that following the previous month's performances and results that he didn't have a clue

Building something? What a joke!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 57
Madeleymariner
March 27, 2018, 6:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,049
Gold Stars: 49
I was saying we would get relegated around Sept when we went half a dozen games finishing with 10 men, and a month later saying it was just like Port Fail last season only scoring once every few games (they were still top half of League 1 at Christmas but with the lowest shots ratio in the league) and went down. and though not getting hammered both goals wise and playwise, our inability to score regularly would be our downfall. Of course lots of red crosses for such thoughts in those days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
Ipswin
March 27, 2018, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I was saying we would get relegated around Sept when we went half a dozen games finishing with 10 men, and a month later saying it was just like Port Fail last season only scoring once every few games (they were still top half of League 1 at Christmas but with the lowest shots ratio in the league) and went down. and though not getting hammered both goals wise and playwise, our inability to score regularly would be our downfall. Of course lots of red crosses for such thoughts in those days.

I was wondering when the'I told you so' crowd would appear. September FFS? Really?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
Madeleymariner
March 27, 2018, 6:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

I was wondering when the'I told you so' crowd would appear. September FFS?

Fraid so Swin, you could see then there was no real pace or guile in the team and the lack of good football and regular positive results backed it up.
I really hope Jolly can keep us up; so does the wife whos a Vale fan but fed up of my permanent Saturday grumpiness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
Ipswin
March 27, 2018, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Fraid so Swin, you could see then there was no real pace or guile in the team and the lack of good football and regular positive results backed it up.
I really hope Jolly can keep us up; so does the wife whos a Vale fan but fed up of my permanent Saturday grumpiness.

Did you post it here? Brave man if you did lots of red Xs I'll wager

OK I'll chip in with my prediction / fear, Michael Jolley will prove to be as poor an appointment as many of his predecessors

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
Madeleymariner
March 27, 2018, 7:14pm

Vodka Drinker
You may be right Swin, we will know about a 12 games into next season if he is a real duffer, but dont feel he can be clearly judged on the last few games. Yes I posted a few complaining about Slades awful signings tactics etc. but always got the give it time etc replies and red Xs. Water off a ducks back duck as they say round here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
sonofmadeleymariner
March 27, 2018, 7:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453

Thats nothing Dad as you well know I was saying it from the moment Slade was appointed, I didn't need till September. Now where are all those who were calling me a mad fool, surely I'm owed a fair few appologies  

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Port vale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.