Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do to help?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 315 Guests

What can we do to help?

This thread currently has 5,892 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
March 27, 2018, 4:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I have to agree that shouting abuse at the players does not work,

If they are giving their all that should be good enough for us,

BUT

If they are not trying that's a different matter,

By my limited experience of seeing them play this season and comments on here every week,

The players are trying but are just not good enough,

That does not mean we will never win a game again,

A good manager can get a set of average players and turn them into a above average team,

I think Jolley will prove he is a good manager and improve our team to get the points needed to stay up,

We have to start winning this weekend though,

You never know we might win one then the 2nd and 3rd wins come straight away,

Wouldn't that be good ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
March 27, 2018, 5:36pm
Guest User
Honestly, we as fans have done all we can. We've raised an incredible 110k in a short space of time. We've sold out away ends all over the country, albeit our traveling numbers are down after the hoofball Slade inflicted on us.

We put our trust in the board who signed players late again, resulting in saved wages but shite players nobody else wanted, we trusted the board who got rid of Bogle, Clements, Osborne, Pearson, Jones, Amond and the rest.

It's all down to the players that remain now, we can do no more but continue to support them in numbers and vociferously.
Reply: 31 - 39
promotion plaice
March 27, 2018, 5:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

"What can we do to help ?"

Personally I'll be trying to blow the ball into the Stevenage net on Friday........trouble is I'm on the very back row of the Upper.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
Fishbone
March 27, 2018, 9:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
Dear Fishy folk,

Thank you for all the comments, views and opinions. Whilst I don’t agree with some of you completely, I respect your opinions and believe it’s the diversity of such a community that gives it its energy and vibrancy. From those paraphrasing Dad’s Army’s Private James Frazer believing that as a club ‘we’re doomed’, on the one hand, to the eternal optimists on the other, not to mention the hopeful pragmatists in between suggesting that “Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.”, - to quote Jack London. I’m sure whatever happens for the rest of the season, it is this spirit, passion and energy that will save our club over the longer term, despite how bleak things may seem currently.

I hope we will let the manager know we’re behind him as we walk out on Friday (“Jolley, Jolley, Jolley, Jolleeey, I’m beginning of you please, just save The Town” – sorry - insert your own Stevenage bra reference here),, and also support the players from the kick-off to final whistle with choruses of ‘sing when we’re fishing’, ‘we are town’, ‘mariners, mariners’ etc. etc., as well as doing our best to panic their dodgy keeper. Anything, anything at all that we can do.

Apologies for my ramblings, some go quiet, some get angry, I just ramble… AND HOPE!
All the best, fellow Mariners!
UTFM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
big smoke mariner
March 27, 2018, 11:32pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
We lack goals so maybe focusing on one of the strikers would help. Cheers them every time they get the ball, sing their name as much as possible, maximum encouragement. It could give them the extra % they need to score ( didn't want to specify what % that is). The hardest bit would be to make it not sound patronising.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
KingstonMariner
March 27, 2018, 11:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Funny how all these positive suggestions re coming from new posters. Where were you before?

Seems to me like the comments you get on the RT or Russia Insider websites.

Positivity is all well and good but you should have been having a go at 'the powers that be' months ago before we got to this stage. A bit of cheerleading now is going to make feck all difference. Letting another 1000 in at BP cheaply will not lift the players. We've been this way in 2009 and 2010 for all the decking good it did.

I'm not saying abuse the squad by any means.

Besides we all know that the fan copulated things up in the first place what with their Operation Promotion and crazy schemes like that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Fishbone
March 28, 2018, 9:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Funny how all these positive suggestions re coming from new posters. Where were you before?

Seems to me like the comments you get on the RT or Russia Insider websites.

Positivity is all well and good but you should have been having a go at 'the powers that be' months ago before we got to this stage. A bit of cheerleading now is going to make feck all difference. Letting another 1000 in at BP cheaply will not lift the players. We've been this way in 2009 and 2010 for all the decking good it did.

I'm not saying abuse the squad by any means.

Besides we all know that the fan copulated things up in the first place what with their Operation Promotion and crazy schemes like that.

Thanks so much Kingston I'll take my 'new', non critical of the board, Russian leaning views away and next time I'll start a post trying to find a problem for a solution. Seriously though, I appreciate where you're coming from

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
RoboCod
March 28, 2018, 9:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from promotion plaice

"What can we do to help ?"

Personally I'll be trying to blow the ball into the Stevenage net on Friday........trouble is I'm on the very back row of the Upper.

That's going to take a big puff.....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
GyMariner
March 28, 2018, 2:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Was it before or after the Coventry game that town had a motivational speaker and were spending the day at an army camp?? Clutching onto straws here!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
KingstonMariner
March 29, 2018, 10:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Fishbone

Thanks so much Kingston I'll take my 'new', non critical of the board, Russian leaning views away and next time I'll start a post trying to find a problem for a solution. Seriously though, I appreciate where you're coming from

If there are stories after Friday about an exile and his daughter being found ill on a town centre bench after being infected with Fentichek you'll know I've got my comeuppance.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What can we do to help?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.