2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Andy
March 25, 2018, 5:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +143
Gold Stars: 1
Whether Town stay up or go down I hope MJ can get in his own assistant manager and coaching staff.

The Town board in its wisdom kept Wilkinson for continuity. The definition of continuity is: THE FACT OF SOMETHING CONTINUING FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME WITHOUT BEING CHANGED OR STOPPED, which seems to sum up our form/results over the last 18 games.

Did not Wilkinson recommend Kelly (FFS). Slade was shite and takes ultimate responsibility, but how much influence did Wilkinson have in recruitment and players leaving. Players on 2 year contract like Kelly and Hooper are lower National League players at best, but we need a mass clear out. Will Fenty fund the paying up of contracts if/when required. Will he fund a decent playing budget for next season (appreciate that depends on which division) or will he walk away.

You could count the players we should keep on one hand and still have fingers to spare.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
March 25, 2018, 5:38pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I really think we should stop talking getting rid of people. The die is cast until the end of the season, we need to win 3 or 4 games with what we have. Everyone can get on with their lives and careers afterwards, wherever it will be, but for now, we have to work together.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 11
petethemariner
March 25, 2018, 6:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
But I do think it is worth pointing out that Wilkinson has had absolutely no effect on the performance of our so called ' forwards' I  would have expected for someone who had top flight experience  as a forward ,that he would have at least something to offer in terms of movement, positional, holding the ball up etc, etc but zero seems to be his effect, seems all he is useful for is warming up our centre backs pre game.
IMO should have been shown the door when Slade was.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Marinerz93
March 25, 2018, 7:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I don't see anything from Wilkinson considering he started his career here that he has inspired or motivated the players. Someone who went through the ranks to go on and make it should have more fire in his belly and the players respond to that drive and determination that Grimsby players where renowned for in the past.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
lew chaterleys lover
March 25, 2018, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Marinerz93
I don't see anything from Wilkinson considering he started his career here that he has inspired or motivated the players. Someone who went through the ranks to go on and make it should have more fire in his belly and the players respond to that drive and determination that Grimsby players where renowned for in the past.

I think anybody who has been anybody in the game sees at other clubs how it should be run. It must be so dispiriting to come back here and see the shambles we are in from top to bottom. There is no motivation or professionalism from anybody at the club. I think they give up pretty quickly.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
dapperz fun pub
March 25, 2018, 9:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Marinerz93

He'll just move on to some cushy little youth job somewhere else and be as drab as intercourse there I assume , I'd get rid of all ex players in roles at the club and start a fresh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Yoda
March 26, 2018, 10:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
I am amazed that Wilko who has played in the premiership for some great clubs, played under Cloughie cannot improve our strike force at all he’s done nothing in a year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
jonnyboy82
March 26, 2018, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
We need to win our home games which by all means looks unlikely anyway ...

But then regardless of what division we in my god have we got work to do starting with saying thanks but goodbye to wilko and about 20 players.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
GrimRob
March 26, 2018, 11:19am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Yoda
I am amazed that Wilko who has played in the premiership for some great clubs, played under Cloughie cannot improve our strike force at all he’s done nothing in a year.

He did underachieve a bit as a player IMHO. He joined Everton, one of the best teams in the country, at the age of 21 and won a Championship medal in his first two seasons. He then joined Forest (which was a step down) but he wasn't a regular in the team at the City Ground and eventually left and spent most of his career and Watford and Middlesborough. I bet when he signed at Goodison when he was 21 he'd have expected a bit more. He played for England U-21 but never got a first team cap.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 11
oldun
March 26, 2018, 11:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
He just does not appear to be inspiring in any way. I cannot see MJ wanting him long term he will have his own contacts lined up. Hope so any way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wilkinson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.