12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
AndyGTFC
March 25, 2018, 4:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Well judging by that, we've got no chance. I don't think we've not played as well as that all season, nevermind during this run. They obviously don't do it often but they are 100% more likely to stay up than we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 114
petethemariner
March 25, 2018, 4:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
We were 11/2 to be relegated 2 weeks ago, it's now 7/4 and I think even that is a generous price ( although it would give no pleasure in collecting)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 114
headingly_mariner
March 25, 2018, 4:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Still all to play for. It was inevitable that one of the teams below us would win. This will go right down to the wire.

Fenty needs to commit to writing his loans off and leaving. It’s clearly in the best interests of the club.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 114
Ipswin
March 25, 2018, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings
He won't be getting any more of my money either. He's a cheapskate who promises the earth and never delivers. Hurst repeated last night that he is now working with honest people pulling in the same direction.

If we start winning a few and we are in the top 6 or 7 by Christmas and in with a chance of getting back into the league you and all the other 'never agains' will be back

Its a disease you can't just get it out of the system that  easily

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 114
Ipswin
March 25, 2018, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 123614

You really do talk sh1te.  I hope you are eating your words by the end of the season.

You think we are going to beat Notts Co as comprehensively as Chesterfield did do you? You're flipping mad!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 114
TwoLeftFeet
March 25, 2018, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
If we go down I'm done with it too, followed Town since early 80's season ticket most years since then.. fed up feeling so low every weekend. The board have to go the way the club is run is totally unacceptable.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 114
Hagrid
March 25, 2018, 5:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,377
Gold Stars: 532
The club have ruined everything for us. I will not give them another penny should we go down. And i now think its certain
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 114
GrimRob
March 25, 2018, 5:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113

You have seen the light at last have you Rob?

According to you there was no chance of us going down because the bookies said so.

It has been obvious to a blind man and his dog for weeks that we were going down. No midfield, no strikers and conceding goals by the hat full.

Add to that x many games without a win, no new manager bounce and fed up fans and there is no way we can arrest the slide.

Fenty wants running out of town for letting this happen - an arrogant and egotistical man who has on his own brought a great club to its knees.

You should read my posts more carefully. I was suggesting the prices were wrong. I actually recommended betting on us at 50/1 and 40/1. I still think we are very good value at anything better than Evens. We've been consistently overpriced all season to go down. We were over 100/1 at one stage. For all that the run we're on is a Black Swan Event, something you'd only expect to see once in a hundred years. The points total this year to stay up is going to be ridicuolously low. We would have been much longer odds had the bookies known the actual points total that will eventually be required.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 97 - 114
Mariner93er
March 25, 2018, 5:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I think I'm still in disbelief that we're in such a shocking situation, it doesn't feel real. I'm just waiting for reality to set in, and it's going to be an horrific moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 114
forza ivano
March 25, 2018, 5:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,156
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mariner93er
I think I'm still in disbelief that we're in such a shocking situation, it doesn't feel real. I'm just waiting for reality to set in, and it's going to be an horrific moment.

See my post about feeling sick.Chesterfields second was that horrific moment for me.now starting to feel depressed as I contemplate the fa trophy,a half empty b.p. away trips to god forsaken towns we've never heard of, getting dicked at home by a succession of part timers, live games on BT sports knowing full well that they're only showing it coz there's nothing else available, playing in front of crowds of 500, barrow away on inevitably the coldest, wettest night of the year. Watching another set of inept new signings who can barely control a ball, let alone pass it,reading about semi decent players who turn us down because its non league, the away followings that barely reach double figures, fa cup 4 the qualifying round ,.and there's probably more downers to add to that list
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chesterfield v Notts thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.